T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm in the process of starting a tshirt company and I bought a new $300 16 x 20 heat press a few months ago. I got the plastisol transfers in the mail and started testing them out on my blank tees. However, the transfers weren't transferring properly and I can't figure out why. The designs have arrows in them and the points of the arrows dont seem to be sticking to the clothing. I'm also having trouble with certain curves not sticking when i peel the paper off the shirt. I've tried turning up the recommended temperature, strengthening the press, and waiting longer periods of time in order to get it to work, but no luck. Any advice is worth listening to at this point. I'm not sure what to do now.

· Administrator
18,439 Posts
The best thing to use is a probe like this RPK-PYRMTR - Digital Pyrometer & Surface Probe Kit - Geo Knight & Co Inc

A quick, less scientific way is to sacrifice a few of your transfers and press separate ones on different areas of your press. If the arrows then press correctly, it's an indication of cold spots.

If that's not it, provide us full details on times/temperatures, transfer maker, type of shirt, etc.

Transfers have also been know to be bad from the supplier from time to time. Give them a call for advice too.

· Premium Member
247 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.