T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Can anyone help me with my heat press problem. When I turn it on instead of the temperature showing it just says HHH. It was working perfect the day before. I would be grateful for any help. Cheers Dellarose

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Did you call the supplier? Sounds like a problem with the thermostat.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought it a couple of years ago but can't find the sales receipt. Where do I find the thermostat on my machine?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought it from a company called everest-team and the manual just has FB 3838 on it. The press itself has BKC & HD48s. That is as much as I can work out.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have had two presses over the years that the timer/temp guage quit working. In both cases my first thought was the thermostat but in both cases the issue was poorly thought out wiring. The initial design ran wiring through an area with moving parts (raising and lowering the top or in the case of an IDEK sliding between platens). Eventually the wiring wore out and needed to be replaced/reconfigured.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe I can check that out thanks. I bought a new press off ebay 3 months ago and the temperature now just keeps rising. I can't afford to keep buying new heat presses and my business is suffering so if anyone can help that would be good.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Even if you need to buy used, and especially if you use it every day in your business, you might buy a top brand so you can get parts and support. I suggest you look for a HIX, Stahls (multiple brands) or Geo Knight. That way, if you have a problem, you can get it fixed rather easily.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would loveto buy another press with a brand name but at the moment I can't afford it. I need to get my press fixed so I can make enoug money to buy a good one.

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
It appears that you have a faulty temperature block. My suggestion would be to have the supplier exchange the heat press for a new one that is operating properly. The other option is to have them send you a new block which would require your installation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I am in the UK. I like the press because when you close the press itlevels out with whatever you are pressing. Others I have looked at are fixed so the heat is getting to the back of the object but not the front.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts