T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i just wanna share the photo of my heat press filament. I have china heat press and here are the photo of what are the looks of the filament of most china platen. You can also share your heat press looks in these thread.

Attachments

· Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi i just wanna share the photo of my heat press filament. I have china heat press and here are the photo of what are the looks of the filament of most china platen. You can also share your heat press looks in these thread.
Does anybody want to share a US made heat press filament. I'm love to see some US made heat press if what are the difference between their filament arrangement.

· Registered
7 Posts
Do you have anymore pictures of your element I am looking to design and make my own platen and would like to know how thick the platen is minus the element portion.
Never mind I bought a slightly used HIX Presto 15 and am having issues with the temp not matching the thermostat so bought a new stat with the same results. I plan to permenently mount a pyrometer prob to the platten so I can see the correct temp no matter what the thermostat reads. Wish I could find a digital thermostat to convert the cheap inaccurate bimetal stat. Here are some pictures of its platten.

Attachments

· Registered
137 Posts
I wonder if it's had its thermocouple interfered with (that's the thin wire that bolts into the heat block). If the wire has been tampered with or exchanged or if one end is longer than the other then the temperature read-out could be different from the actual temperature.

· Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Never mind I bought a slightly used HIX Presto 15 and am having issues with the temp not matching the thermostat so bought a new stat with the same results. I plan to permenently mount a pyrometer prob to the platten so I can see the correct temp no matter what the thermostat reads. Wish I could find a digital thermostat to convert the cheap inaccurate bimetal stat. Here are some pictures of its platten.
Wow i didnt expect that the filament of HIX is almost same spacing used in the china filament. Why you just buy thermo heat gun so that its more accurate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.