T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone i would like to enter the world of selling t shirts to my local schools and youth leagues .... i would also try to sell some retail out of a little building i just bought.. if it where any of you guys or gals and you where on a very limited budget , would you bye a screen printing machine and all the stuff that goes with it or would you just bye a plotter and a heat press... it seems like you can do so much with digital now that screen printing would not be worth it... ps i think most of my orders would only be for 24 at a time maybe some 200.00 pc orders once in a while ...and i see where stahls offers very good prices for those orders.. what ever input you can give would be very helpful thanks everyone

·
Registered
9 Posts
Given you're targeting sports, the shirts could be made up of two or three different sections, like the team logo, the player number, and the player's name. If you had say eight teams ordering 24 shirts each, you could potentially order numerous team logos on one heat transfer. So ordering 24 prints would give you 96 to 192 shirt logos (4 to 8 logos per sheet). You could possibly do that for the numbers too. Then just use a vinyl cutter for the player names. Everything then just gets applied via the heat press.

If the logos are simple enough, you might be able to print everything with vinyl cutter (logos, numbers and names).

Seems to me unless you know you are going to get the large jobs where screen printing becomes more cost effective, it's better to start out small and just outsource the non-vinyl stuff to the heat transfer supplier. Even if you do get your first larger order that would justify screen printing, you'd probably be better off outsourcing the entire job for a referral fee in lieu of investing in screen printing equipment, at least until the larger orders become more frequent.

Right now your focus should be building up your customer base. Then invest in scaling to lower costs. Unless of course you have money just burning a hole in your pocket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.