T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first order for Safety Orange shirts....The first problem I have is the customer needs a 5X size, the second problem I have is the ones I find are 50/50....I have an Epson 1400 with a CIS....From my understanding I can only do 100% cotton correct? If so, does anyone know of the brightest orange I can get in 100% cotton?

Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Go to the actual tshirt websites

Anvil
Gilden
Hanes

or any tshirt websites Alpha or Bodek and Rhodes to see that colors of the shirts

They have the colors available there only you know how bright of an orange you really need.

We do DTG and the brightest orange we have used and looked really good was mandarian orange

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Gildan G2000 are made 5x in safety orange, here's the item description.

6.1 oz. 100% pre-shrunk cotton (ash is 99% cotton/1% polyester, sport grey is 90% cotton/10% polyester, dark heather, heather cardinal, heather cinnamon, heather forest, heather indigo,heather navy, safety orange & safety green are 50% cotton/50% polyester). Seamless double-needle collar. Taped neck & shoulders. Double-needle sleeve & bottom hems. Ultra tight knit surface. Quarter-turned to eliminate center crease.

Hope this helps.

Ooops......I just noticed that they are 50/50 in the safety colors....sorry.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you....I will try it in the morning when I get to the shop....It makes the search for the shirts ALOT easier.... :tipthank:

You can heat press on 50/50, just at a lower temp and different time. Check your manu. directions for your press times, it should be listed in there.

Good luck.
:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pressed on a 60/40 shirt this morning and it did great!!! This opens up alot of options for the 5x orange shirts I need....

THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I got my first order for Safety Orange shirts....The first problem I have is the customer needs a 5X size, the second problem I have is the ones I find are 50/50....I have an Epson 1400 with a CIS....From my understanding I can only do 100% cotton correct? If so, does anyone know of the brightest orange I can get in 100% cotton?

Thanks for the help...
What type of transfers are you applying? Why do you think you can only apply to 100% Cotton?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I applied 3G Jet Opaque Transfers....So far so good on the 50/50 Gildan Safety Orange....I am learning that even though someone tells me I cant do something (like transfer on blends), I should go ahead and test it out anyway....I have much to learn.....

What type of transfers are you applying? Why do you think you can only apply to 100% Cotton?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts