T-Shirt Forums banner

Heat Press Nation?

5295 Views 14 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  elcielo
I have read through tons of forums. I was holding out on a deal for a DK20S but I stumbled across this press which gets good reviews except from one person who can't seem to operate the reviews properly...

HPN Black Series 16"x20" Portrait Swing Away High Pressure Heat Press

I read some of their presses are made in the US by stahls, and I really don't need a "volume" machine. This is an accessory to our business for use to dye sub leather and customize some items with our store logo.

If I don't get this, it will be the DK20S, I don't see anything else that compares to that press in its price range.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
I read some of their presses are made in the US by stahls, and I really don't need a "volume" machine.

They sell all the US Made brands, Stahls, Insta & Geo Knight but I do not think any of the HPN ones are US made....
They sell all the US Made brands, Stahls, Insta & Geo Knight but I do not think any of the HPN ones are US made....
OK, thanks. Looks like I might just bite the bullet on a Geo Knight. Doesn't make sense to go with a smaller press for the small price increase to move up to the 16X20
While you are looking at us made heat presses you might look at Hix also
Geo Knight is my primary press.....I like the way it opens versus other presses.... Also it seems to have firmer pressure closer to edges..... My 2nd press is Hix and it also a good press, just not my favorite....
I have 4 heat presses and none are from HPN. 'Nuf said
I have 4 heat presses and none are from HPN. 'Nuf said
Which 4 do you have?
I am quite happy with my DK20S. But, beware -- it is a BEAST! Getting it up my driveway (steep hill) and then into a basement led to a few choice words and a cold beer (or two).

But, now that it is set up, it is a work horse.
Nick I have two Hix, one Hotronix, one Sunie.a note on the Sunie. It is Chinese and was a desperate purchase. About 7 years ago on a Friday afternoon, my only heat press stopped working and I had completed half of an job due the following Monday. And in my area you can't go to a local source. I called Sunie and they agreed to open on Saturday to sell me a 15 inch press. They were 3.5 hours away.i drive up on Saturday, got the press. On Sunday finished the job. Didn't make a much profit on that job, but kept a customer. The press is still working.
Nick I have two Hix, one Hotronix, one Sunie.a note on the Sunie.
This makes a good point about "redundancy"......I have overap in presses (3), cutters (2 soon to be 3), computers (2), etc...Just losing 1 job when you have an equipment failure can cost you more than buying extra equipment.....
I also have 2 presses -- the DK20S and my 15x15 SunIE that I started with.
I have the HPN Signature Series 16" x 20" Slide Out Drawer Heat Press and I love it. I have had it since February, but aside from user error on my part, it has worked very well. I must admit that I don't have other presses by which to compare it, but it does what I want it to do. The tech support is excellent at Heat Press Nation and the product comes with a nice warranty. I hope this helps.
What I have always been curious about is the "failure rate" of the various brands.......I have no doubt that some cheap presses work very well and some expensive presses fail....But all one can do without "hard facts" is "speculate" as to the actual numbers.....My "speculation" is that the US made presses have an almost insignificant failure rate, whereas, imported presses a much higher rate...
I am a happy HPN heat press owner. I read a lot of posts of people getting uneven heating with one machine or another, but I've had no problems with pressing vinyl or transfers at all. Not a single one.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.