T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I actually just purchased one of the HPN heat presses last week and used it this week. Here's a review for you, I put it on my website: Heat Press Nation Review | Designs by Sara

I'll also post it here:
I just purchased a Heat Press Nation 15 x 15 heat press with a threadable slide out drawer.

I’ve been researching heat presses for two months, asking questions to owners, reading information.

I knew that I wanted to get one that was the middle of the road, not really expensive, but, made to last for the money. I wanted one that had a warranty and an actual company that I could ask questions to before purchasing and after if I needed to. Also, I wanted something that was at least assembled in the USA if not totally manufactured in the USA.

I asked a question on the Facebook page of Heat Press Nation and received a very honest and quick response. https://www.facebook.com/heatpressnation/posts/718340344856265 That made me go to their site and start looking.

This is after looking at companies and the ones offered on various websites.

My search began on their site and I ended up purchasing this one: http://www.heatpressnation.com/hpn-15×15-signature-series-heat-press.html

I had questions about the size of the actual base, and the power it needed. when I was on the website looking, I opened up a chat with someone and asked some questions. I received the answers and purchased it! I ordered it on a Thursday and received it on Tuesday of the next week. It was coming from California to my home in Maryland, with FedEX delivery and I paid $35 shipping.

It was dropped off, gently by a FedEx guy with a big truck. He put it in the garage. I opened it and saw the amperage rating and thought that we’d have to run it with nothing else on or it would blow a fuse. It sat in the garage, until hubby arrived home and could move it to the basement. It’s pretty heavy, about 70 lbs. And while I could lift it from the box to the table, I couldn’t carry it anywhere.

We read the three page instruction sheet, which has GREAT info in it for someone that needs to know everything about their machine. I like that it has a cover for the lower drawer, when not in use. I also like that I didn’t have to “burn off” the heat press. It was perfect and heated up with no odor. In fact in the instructions it said that I shouldn’t bake it without using it to press something.

I followed the directions to the letter and hubby helped me figure it out with some test shirts and some mis-weeded HTV.

There’s a definite learning curve with a heat press. I didn’t have to adjust the pressure knob, it was set up for me already with medium pressure.

I like how quickly it heats up, how the timer counts down and how it’s easier to close and open with the gas shocks. It still takes a lot more pressure than I thought it would. I’m glad I go to the gym.

I created two shirts, one with glitter HTV and one with an iron on transfer. I still have to do the other side of the iron on transfer. I’m so glad I bought one with a drawer so I can thread it over it and not worry about the other transfer getting ruined. I also like that the drawer is far enough away from the top platen that I don’t feel like I’m going to get burned when I lay a shirt down to press.

A great experience so far!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think it will last for 10+ years. Seems to be quality made. I don't take it anywhere, it's kind of heavy to do that. I do have a table that it sits on and I'm waiting patiently for May to arrive to get a hat press.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have one. Would buy another one, based on my experience so far.

Whenever I hear people insist on spending the big bucks on presses, I just sort of shrug and am reminded of Nikon vs. Canon, Illustrator vs. Corel Draw, Mac vs PC arguments. These discussions go on endlessly. Higher priced "quality" product versus lower priced product. I wonder though, when you finish doing what you're going to do with each of these products, can anyone really tell the difference in the end product?

Some months ago, another person posted about his/her experience after some sort of malfunction. HPN made it right.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi rdpsports, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We're usually very good about resolving issues quickly, especially if we have the opportunity to work on the machine directly when shipped back. Can you private message me your order details so I can look into which one of our techs worked on your machine and why the issue wasn't resolved? We'll see if we can figure out a good solution for this. Thank you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi rdpsports, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We're usually very good about resolving issues quickly, especially if we have the opportunity to work on the machine directly when shipped back. Can you private message me your order details so I can look into which one of our techs worked on your machine and why the issue wasn't resolved? We'll see if we can figure out a good solution for this. Thank you.

Will ask the owner for the invoice. thx!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, all! We definitely do discuss these items internally, including shipping costs in warranty. This has been a topic of discussion in multiple meetings.

We do make exceptions on the shipping of our warranty policy. Examples of this are products that are defective upon arrival, damaged in shipment or mechanical/electrical issues with products within 30 days of receipt are all resolved with full shipping cost paid by HeatPressNation.com. In most cases machines are replaced with a new unit if there are issues within 30 days of receipt.

There are a few variables that prohibit us from providing full shipping costs under our warranty policy beyond the initial 30 days. Some of these include user inflicted issues such as overloaded circuits that cause surges into the machine that damage internal components, machinery being dropped or abused beyond its intended use and user error in application(incorrect time/temp/pressure, defective transfers, etc.). Regardless of if it is user inflicted or not, we are happy to support our products under warranty. The good news is that most, if not all, of our manufacturers build their machines in a very modular way so that parts are easily replaced with a typically screw on/screw off or coupling off/coupling on procedure(no soldering required). We are typically able to resolve issues with heat press machines with a part replacement. Of the warranty issues we receive, about 3% of warranty issues may require technician's to service machines in-house. These are cases where there are advanced issues or if the customer doesn't feel up for replacing parts on their own. If this is required, we encourage customers to use our shipping account in processing shipping, as we get very good rates with Fedex. Typically about $20-$40 each way for a standard 15x15 machine.

I hope that helps in explanation. We would love to be able to take care of all shipping costs! Unfortunately though, too many issues are caused by user error and it is unfair for us to put the blame solely on the machine's respective manufacturer. Loving the comments and the feedback! It keeps the conversations going internally on how to improve our business. Thanks again!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Thank you, Jimmy. As an HPN press owner, it's nice to know the company takes some responsibility for its products and that if I have an issue, I might not have to assume right away that I'll need to junk the press since it's no longer under warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Talked with Jimmy,
He has done a great job addressing my situation. Sounds like I may have been one that fell through the cracks and it doesn't happen often. We are all in the service industry and once in awhile things happen. I would recommend dealing with them as they did follow up and make things right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Talked with Jimmy,
He has done a great job addressing my situation. Sounds like I may have been one that fell through the cracks and it doesn't happen often. We are all in the service industry and once in awhile things happen. I would recommend dealing with them as they did follow up and make things right.

If these guys will back up their press I will invest in one...if they won't think I better try elsewhere...Im wanting to buy their HPN-1515 but I would like to go with a company with integrity...May give them a call on Monday and talk to this Jimmy fellow as he seems he's the right guy to deal with based on all the threads I looked up about HPN...INTEGRITY means everything to me.

Anyone else here have any negative issues with HPN-1515 before I dive in???

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.