T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,
We keep getting this heat press mark on the shirts, I took one home and washed it, and the mark did not come out?

We are pressing on 100% polyester shirts

The Process we did was:

Pressed at a 160 degrees Celsius for 15 seconds, we peel off the clear sticky cover, and press again for 5 to 10 seconds.

We put a neoprene slide underneath the press to protect the buttons on the shirt, and that is the mark that is showing up.

Do you have any advice for us?

Cheers

Graham

here are photobucket links to images:

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd499/ozstoc/Screen Print/2016-04-12 08.31.14_zpsl7mfde7d.jpg

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd499/ozstoc/Screen Print/2016-04-12 08.31.14_zpsl7mfde7d.jpg

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd499/ozstoc/Screen Print/2016-04-11 15.29.52_zpsgd6v7twl.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
The temp is to high.
Try sprying it with water

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
I've had the same experience with the heat mark from the platen showing on dark fabrics. What do you mean by "try spritzing it"? At what point do you spritz the garment? This occurred on both modal and 100% cotton at different temps. How can this be avoided in the future? Thanks

·
Administrator
15,478 Posts
I've had the same experience with the heat mark from the platen showing on dark fabrics. What do you mean by "try spritzing it"? At what point do you spritz the garment? This occurred on both modal and 100% cotton at different temps. How can this be avoided in the future? Thanks
What type of transfers are you pressing?

The key to minimize heat press shine is to use the lowest heat setting possible. You want to try to stay at or around 300 degrees Fahrenheit. This may mean changing transfer suppliers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've used Siser HTV (320 degrees, 15/20 secs) and Rhinestone transfers at 250 for 20-30 secs)

the platen marks are only visible on dark color shirts.

I tried using a pillowcase versus the Teflon sheet and still can see the marks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you mean pillow, and not pillowcase?

We use a teflon pillow and use vinyl with a heat setting of 300-305 and do not experience the marks. If we use Siser and other at 320+ we do see the marks.
Hi Joe, no I meant a "Cotton pillowcase". Where can I find a Teflon pillow! Is the purpose f the pillow to raise up the Tshirt so the plates don't touch?

·
Administrator
15,478 Posts
Hi Joe, no I meant a "Cotton pillowcase". Where can I find a Teflon pillow! Is the purpose f the pillow to raise up the Tshirt so the plates don't touch?
The pillow helps eliminate the hard edge you'll see from the edges of the press. It also helps pressing over seams and buttons.

Wherever you get your heat press supplies will have them. We get ours from Imprintables.

not sure what you're accomplishing with a pillow case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We've just started selling Kappa brand kit, and are encountering same issue.

using Superflex and Colour cut from Xpres, both at 150 degree c, with times of 10/15 seconds respectively.

Tech Support say to ease pressure and lower time, but don't guarantee things

we've got a package of more than 300 garments to press, and really can't produce with the press area showing.

·
Administrator
15,478 Posts
We've just started selling Kappa brand kit, and are encountering same issue.

using Superflex and Colour cut from Xpres, both at 150 degree c, with times of 10/15 seconds respectively.

Tech Support say to ease pressure and lower time, but don't guarantee things

we've got a package of more than 300 garments to press, and really can't produce with the press area showing.
That temperature setting should be fine. Are you using a teflon pillow? What color are your garments. The darker they are the more noticeable the mark.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks, for responding - only joined today, to get some assistance

the garments are all black unfortunately

not using a teflon pillow currently, is that the suggestion?

use it on all garments/jobs in future ?

and does that mean we'd need to raise up the part of the press, that we pull down, to allow for the pillow depth?

·
Administrator
15,478 Posts
not using a teflon pillow currently, is that the suggestion?

use it on all garments/jobs in future ?

and does that mean we'd need to raise up the part of the press, that we pull down, to allow for the pillow depth?
Yes it will help tremendously. I only use it on polyester or garments with buttons or seams.

Yes, you will need to adjust your pressure to compensate for the pillow being there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.