T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I am using a royal apparel 50/50 shirt. Shirt color is med to light gray.

It is not the transfers causing the problem, as you can see in the pic, the shirt is just pressed with no transfer.

I adjusted the pressure, the time, teflon paper, kraft paper, etc. Nothing seems to help that much.
I am still getting this heat press mark.

I do not think it is scorched.

After it is washed 1 to 2 times it goes basically goes away.

Well I cant prewash a shirt for a customer, so two questions...

1. What exactly id happening? Is it just regular shirt discoloring from being pressed, bc it ikind of a darker shirt?

2. What can I do to stop this from happening?

Also I cannot switch brands of shirts for this project.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
That appears to be the moisture being removed from the fabric, or just the nature of that particular fabric. Might be a good idea to forewarn the customer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think that is what it is. The moisture being removed from that part of the shirt.

Is there any way to put moisture back into the shirt, without washing it? Would spraying water on it help?
I do have one of those little handheld steamers too, would steaming it help any?

thanks

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
In order to get rid of that, I usually press the entire shirt just to even things out before giving it to a customer. You don't have to press as long... Just enough to get the moisture out of the rest of the shirt. I actually do that for wrinkles but noticed the color things as a side bonus. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stupid question coming...

how do you press the rest of the shirt, what is the process?

let me explain why I asked this question

the main area of the front of the shirt is pressed already from the transfer being installed, ok so you don't have to press there.
But do you have to then press:
1. The bottom front
2. The top front
3. the left side front
4. the right side front
then turn shirt over and do the same?
Also pressing that many times would that effect the dye sub graphic you just transferred onto the shirt?

Sorry if this is really stupid question, I am still a noob! there is probably a more simple process, can you please explain how you press whole shirt after art/graphic is transferred?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I don't do dye sub, but it stands to reason that the press has already hit the section with the transfer on it, right? Plus more. Then I just hit one side of the bottom and then the other. I usually don't need to do the sleeves or shoulders. And you don't need to turn anything inside out or do both sides.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ohhh i think i get what you are saying...

the other side will be done when you press the front side, yes I am stupid.

Also you don't have to press the area where graphic is anymore, so that area is done already.

so basically after you press the shirt first time with graphic....all that is left to press is one side, other side, and bottom.

so you can hit one side (with sleeve if you want) then other side (with sleeve if you want) and then bottom (which will have the bottom left and right side covered too) and you can hit the collar if you didn't fully get that either.

seems pretty simple and awesome. I am going to have to try this tomorrow.

Also how long you have to press the other spots to take moisture out? 5-10 secs? or more?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.