T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody pls direct me in the right direction...i am starting up a small heat press operation ,and i will like to know a good machine to start of with.
Pls help.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
The first thing you need to decide is what size images will go on your shirts. Most heat press manufacturers make heat presses in 3 sizes: 11 x 15", 15 x 15" & 16 x 20". If you let me know which size you will need...I'll be sure to post some options for you. The three major manufacturers of presses are Stahls, Hix & Geo Knight. There are many distributors for each manufacturer, so after you decide which model of press you'd be interested in, you should be able to find a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I really like my Heat Master press also. It's as extremely well made digital press.

Here is a link to see the press. A bunch of us got together at signs101 and ordered 12 of these presses to get a nice discount. Construction is High End on this press.

They are fairly new to the market, so that is something to consider.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you search in the forum for such topic you will find alot of information to base your purchasing decision off of. Believe me, I am in the same spot as you are. The most highly recommended brand is the Hix. Its got a pretty good reputation. The Geo Knights have a reputation of having electrical problems per the postings. I have a friend that has the Heat Master brand and she has used it religiously and has had it for about 2 years. She loves it and its still running like new. Hope this helps. Maybe we can do what Decal Designs did and get a group discount. Let me know if you are interested. Personal message me.Good luck..

·
Registered
71 Posts
The geo knight 16x20 press is what I use. The electrical problem is in the switch and they sent the repalcement switch to me along time ago, since the new switch no problems.

I would sugest you go with the biggest size that you can afford. I know you may say that you only need the 11x15 now but who knows what you'll need in the near future.
It's easier to spend the few extra bucks now than have to buy a whole new unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts