T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am thinking about getting into printing my own t shirts and I borrowed a friends heat press to see just how they worked. Well my 1st experience has not gone very well...lol He had a 5 in 1 heat press he bought off of amazon from china. It has been sitting for quite some time and when I use it, it did heat up and I was able to transfer 2 designs but after that the fuse keeps blowing. I replaced it twice and it continues to blow. It is plugged directly into a wall outlet. I believe the model # is YF1015-8 from Yifei Heat Press Technology. Can anyone offer any advise?

The product page is https://www.toolots.com/8-in-1-multi-function-heat-press-machine-15-15-t-shirts-cap-mug.html

Thank you

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Do you have a boat? If you do you have a new anchor.

Get a commercial grade heat press. I wouldn't touch the one you have, I would be afraid it would start a fire. Also, don't get an 8 in 1 or 5 in 1 or anything like that. If you want a hat press, get one, if you want a shirt press, get one, don't mix them up.

If the fuse is blowing it is shorting out somewhere. Open the control box and make sure nothing is scorched and check all connections to make sure they are tight and nothing is loose like soldered connections.

Go to there website, scroll to the bottom and ask a question in the chat.
https://www.toolots.com/8-in-1-multi-function-heat-press-machine-15-15-t-shirts-cap-mug.html#productDetails

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Do you have a boat? If you do you have a new anchor.
Not good enough for anchor... not enough metal in it :D.

It's harsh but true. These heat presses are junk because they are made with junk components. Your problem is probably the relay or the thermostat. These are usually the first to go because they are fakes. Here is an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxEhxjvifyY

Good equipment will eventually fail too... but not after just 3 shirts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you...
Ya he used it twice and put it in storage. It was there for a while until I just used it and it worked for 2 shirts.. So for a total of 4-5 shirts.. I just told him the unit he bought is crap....lol

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
On their website you can sign up to be a dealer.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Thank you...
Ya he used it twice and put it in storage. It was there for a while until I just used it and it worked for 2 shirts.. So for a total of 4-5 shirts.. I just told him the unit he bought is crap....lol
Not any better... a good heat press should last for thousands of shirts.
Search on amazon for "heat press control box"... Don't expect it to last though. As I said, they are made from junk, and don't work well to begin with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, My name is Tommy, Maybe I can give you some advice.
I have a little back ground in electronics.
You can try opening up the circuit board and blow it out carefully with dry compressed air unplugged from wall outlet. Safety always first use eye protection.
Sitting long periods of time uncovered dust can collect and cause a jumping of low level circuit boards that controls the timer and heat platen temperature.
When the press is blowing fuses it's protecting itself from burning resistor's, and such on the board and not causing a fire.
Make sure the board is dry and Put it back together and try it.
If it is still blowing fuses or not working at all you can call a local electronics hobbyist and ask if he can bench test a circuit board.
It might be able to be fixed and it might not.
You might try looking on the net and find a new circuit board. IDK
Most likely it is a bad resistor or capacitor allowing to much low level current to flow and that is why it is blowing fuses.
You never know you might be able to get it fixed for a 35 cent resistor and a few dollars labor.
Capacitor's and resistors and the elements inside them go bad after years of use and exposure to the elements like being stored in a garage.
This is normal with any modern electronics.
I hope maybe this helps and I am wishing you the best of luck.
Sincerely, Tommy

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Here are the heat presses I have used:
An old National 15x15, was over 30 years old when I sold it, still worked
An old Hotronix 16X20 Swinger, was over 20 years old when I sold it, Still worked
DK20S, purchased 2008, still works and in service however the electronics have been replaced several times
DK Mug Press, purchased 2008, still works and in service
Hotronix Hat press, over 25 years old, still works and in service

Unless you misuse it or drop it a good quality press will work forever.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Throw it out of a third story window.

If it bounces then it is worth repairing.
If it doesn't bounce.....:D:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts