T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people! I’m back again, so today I transferred an inkjet transfer to a shirt, shortly after I pressed another image a few inches away(I’m just practicing) the image I pressed a few moments before got destroyed but another thing happened. The part of the plate that pressed it again has a weird marking from the transfer paper. Can you guys tell me if my heat press won’t work in this spot anymore, how I can get rid of the marking, and what to do differently next time. Attached is a picture of the heat plate. Once again, excuse my ignorance.

Attachments

· Registered
781 Posts
Hello people! I’m back again, so today I transferred an inkjet transfer to a shirt, shortly after I pressed another image a few inches away(I’m just practicing) the image I pressed a few moments before got destroyed but another thing happened. The part of the plate that pressed it again has a weird marking from the transfer paper. Can you guys tell me if my heat press won’t work in this spot anymore, how I can get rid of the marking, and what to do differently next time. Attached is a picture of the heat plate. Once again, excuse my ignorance.
Here is a product that works well to clean off the heat platen.
https://www.amazon.com/EZ-Off-Hot-I...pID=31UQWQaH08L&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
Everyone should have a tube of this around to clean the platen occasionally.

Repressing the previous image should not destroy it. But you do need to cover it with a cover sheet (Teflon, etc) to protect it from the platen.

Use a cover sheet pretty much all the time. This protects your platen from ink, adhesives, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.