T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am new to heat pressing and I am having a tough time getting any quality results. I have a 6 in 1 power press heat press and I have watched some youtube vids. The problem is I can't get the image to stick properly. I have tried experimenting with the time, hold and cold press paper, and pressure which are the main 3 variables. I am also printing the heat transfers with a epson stylus pro 4880. If anyone has any tips, or reccomendations I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
What type of paper are you using?

I am assuming that you are following the mfg recommended heat application instructions....

I would recommend that you check your heat press for heat and pressure accuracy.

To check your press for heat, you would need either a heat gun, or a heat seal test kit (available online from many dealers).

To check for even pressure, cut four 4X4 squares, place one in each corner of your bottom platen. From there you would lock the upper platen down. Now try to see if you can remove any of the squares.

If you can remove one or more squares, then you have uneven pressure.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Quite frankly, we have stayed away from these combination presses because our tests showed unfavorable results also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts