I have a customer wants heat tranfers
on her 100 percent organic cotton
grocery bags.
It feels like canvas but says its organic cotton
She says it was done before with previous
printer but I want to make sure.
They are white.
If so what temperature on the heat press
and how many seconds would be appropriate.
I am using the Jet Pro Soft stretch.
Thanks

· Registered
2,285 Posts
Adjusting the pressure would probably be needed if they are thicker than what you normally press.

I don't know what press you have, but time and temp should be the same.

Do a test and wash test to make sure they hold up.

· Registered
8,807 Posts
I had a surprise last week... I had a 100 tote bag order...black and the tote bag was 100% cotton canvas...so I did a test using white heat press vinyl...from Stahls...and it has been a work horse for me BUT...when I pressed on the tote bag it would not adhere..tried different times, temp, pressure...just would not work...Fortunately I had a contact that does screen printing and he was able to save my bacon...I don't like screen printing if I can do with vinyl but just could not get it done in vinyl...I did not have any opaque paper but the design was not conducive to cutting out....maybe you should try just one first

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The design is 8 x 10 black and grey design of a car.
Like I said customer told me it was heat pressed before because she was told screenprinting would have been difficult because this design is a print of an airbrushes car.
So thus the heatpress route.
guess I should get a sample and try it first but I have no clue what temperaure on this type of fabric.

· Registered
2,285 Posts
but I have no clue what temperaure on this type of fabric.
Every heat press is different, the paper has suggested times and temperatures. I would try your regular settings with a thin pad so you
don't have to decrease the pressure too much. Press like normal, use smaller
images then the actual image especially if its large and uses a lot of ink.

maybe cut the image in half and press like normal document what you have done and what works.

· Registered
1,448 Posts
We use a Fusion and a smaller pallet. It threads on the pallet and the handles hang off the side. Some vinyl adheres better to this type of fabric, so read the application list for the vinyls.

The testing reccomendations are right on the money.

Test test test

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.