T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the most cost effective method to place your artwork onto a ceramic tile. I do have a bulk order in mind. I'd like to do create some ceramic tile murals. Thank you.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
you will need sublimation ink and a printer. You will also need tiles that have been treated with a polymer coating. Sublimation ink when heated to 400 degress turns into a gas. the gas then permiates the polymer coating on the tiles and becomes trapped. This is a brief description of the process. ... JB

·
Registered
348 Posts
ok thank you and what heating press should i get that is affordable?
What do you call affordable?

Here is the range:

$200 = cheap foreign junk mostly
-
$10k+ = high quality, industrial presses

Find a price range and finalize the characteristics you need in a heat press that will fulfill your desires. Then Google "heat press" or a comparable search string to find resellers.

Jae'

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I use the hardgood papers (versatranz and JBL) that uses the laser oem.
You can go to the DSSI boards and get alot of info there.

DSSI

Its a good source of info on doing tiles, murals and other stuff dealing with sublimation and laser oem stuff.

Good luck
Mark

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
OK thank you and what heating press should i get that is affordable?
If you plan to do tiles, I suggest a swing away type press for the ease of lowering the platen evenly on the tiles , so not to cause shifting. I suggest a name brand press, such as Hix ,Hotronix or phoenix phire.These brands have great customer service. .... JB

·
Registered
225 Posts
What is the most cost effective method to place your artwork onto a ceramic tile. I do have a bulk order in mind. I'd like to do create some ceramic tile murals. Thank you.
Don't forget a nomex felt pad to insure proper coverage when pressing your tiles.:)

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you plan to do tiles, I suggest a swing away type press for the ease of lowering the platen evenly on the tiles , so not to cause shifting. I suggest a name brand press, such as Hix ,Hotronix or phoenix phire.These brands have great customer service. .... JB
Geo Knight's DK20s is also great press for tile.

You can add the shuttle table as well for maximum production speed.

With the shuttle, don't forget to order your extra nomex felt pad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts