T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I buy a heat press transfer, say a NFL team, that is legit and I put it on a shirt I can legally resell the shirt right?
I now I can not just make my own for resale, but I can put a "legal" heat press on a shirt I would assume

· Registered
3,420 Posts
If I buy a heat press transfer, say a NFL team, that is legit and I put it on a shirt I can legally resell the shirt right?
I now I can not just make my own for resale, but I can put a "legal" heat press on a shirt I would assume
As long as the people making the transfers have paid for the licensing and that licensing states that they can make transfers and sell just the transfers (not applied to a shirt and sell the shirt) then yes you should be ok......

But.....their licensing may not be stated that way.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
209 Posts
Thats correct, If someone is selling licensed transfers, then the product is intended for use. ALL sports licenses require the manufacterer and or seller to be licensed. From my experience however I'm not aware of ANY sports licenses that allows for legally licensed trasfers. All of the licenses I've seen require the final product to be approved by the Licensor and their agents, usually (CLC or the Major League Licensing group)

I was the art Director of a company some years ago that held all college licenses, NFL,NBA,MLB,NHL and a host of other retail licenses like Marvel, Peanuts, Garfield, Universal Pictures and a few others. ALL of these companies required to know what the final product was. That may have changed but I doubt it so VERIFY that the maker of the transfers is in fact licensed to sell these transfers. I have been present and seen when CLC has shown up with police at events and confiscated questionable goods. Good Luck

· Registered
10,809 Posts
With most licensed designs you can sell them as you wish. There are some licenses that have certain restrictions. It's a good idea to check with your supplier when making the purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.