T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a used heat press to expand my sign business. It seems to be in good shape however it has a brown rectangular shape on the heat platen. Which is no doubt residue form previous transfers. What is the best way to clean this off?

Thanks
Chris:confused:

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I use very fine steel wool. Do not use sandpaper. Also do not use a razor blade as it may cut into platten. You can use a little water with your steel wool but make sure it is not plugged in.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I don't use any chemicals. The steel wool should do the trick and make it nice and shiny. But, there is always a but. Be sure to clean the platten with clean cloth as it will leave residue from the steel wool. But cleans easy.

·
Registered
950 Posts
wing_signs said:
I have purchased a used heat press to expand my sign business. It seems to be in good shape however it has a brown rectangular shape on the heat platen. Which is no doubt residue form previous transfers. What is the best way to clean this off?

Thanks
Chris:confused:
Which press did you get? Do you now if it has a Teflon coating on the heat platen?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I would post question on screenprinters.net too. You have an older press...and some there may be more familiar with clean up. Once it's clean, you might want to buy a teflon cover for bottom platen and teflon sheet as well. Shop around because the prices vary. Best price for teflon sheet was $10 for 16 x 20 at mclogan.com (they're local to me).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts