T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help. I am trying to print my graphics on nylon bags but it is melting them and burning a hole through them. I am using Tailor dark transfers and am so frustrated. Has anyone had success with this? If so, is there a specific paper I should be using? What temp and time do you set your press for so it won't melt the nylon?

I've got to get this figured out in the next day so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

· Registered
2 Posts
I've been using MDP Nylex and sometimes CAD CUT Nylon Vinyl both are great quality. However, I've been using a foam pad and it's starting to stick to the bag and warp the shape of the bag stretching the vinyl. Is a teflon pillow better or is it pretty much the same?

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Use teflon....the foam pad will melt and your in trouble. You can put a piece of teflon sheet over the foam to protect it if you do not have much need for the pillow.

· Registered
10,342 Posts
It depends on the grade of nylon but pretty much nothing will stick to it anyway. Even the nylon friendly materials fall off over time. That is one of the few things we just embroider and don't touch with heat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.