T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone use a shirt platten to apply transfers to shirts cant seem to find an easy way to center on shirts any tips on this problem
thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
i'd like to know about this, too. i found a nice one with a demo video online, but it sells for U$ 100.-
in a print shop, i also saw the guys using a few hardpaper thingies, like a ruler, but the bottom was straight and part of a circle upwards (sounds complicate, but imagine a disk and cut part of it - not exactly the half). they had them in 3 different sizes, with messures... i don't know where to get them or how to use them, though (or what they're called).

edit: adding info: i read somewhere in this forum of a simple way: fold the shirt verticaly, matching the shoulder sewings and the bottom ends and press for 3 seconds. now fold it horizontaly below the armpits and press again - you get a crosshair. use the "3 to 4 inches below neck" rule to place your design. it doesn't work for all designs, but it helps.

·
Registered
950 Posts
It's easier if you have a larger press, but basically you will learn to line it up by eye. Most blanks come with a center crease when you get them, or you can press one in yourself if you need to. Place the shirt on the lower platen with the collar just over the top (back) edge. Grab the shirt on the sides and visually get the same amount of overhang on the left and right. Place one hand just under the collar with your fingers together and place the top of your design just below your fingers. Visually center the design and press. After a little while you will get pretty quick and accurate.

If however you are doing a larger quantity of the same design for the same person, you might want to actually measure some things to get very consistent results.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
There are fancy devices that shoot line lasers onto your heat press platen to make sure you have your design aligned just right, but most folks find it easier to eyeball the design. You'll become comfortable with this and have it down in no time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts