T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a new member and trying to start a t shirt business. Just had a few questions. 1st is what size heat press to get 15x15 or 16x20? Next is it ok to buy a used heat press or should i go new, saw a stahls m/mpc16 16x20 used for 350.00, know anything bout it cause i don't. I like the maxx presses if u have any input on those presses cause i haven't seen any reviews on them. Also looked at a hix ht400. Please give me soon feedback asap, want to get my business started. Thank you:)

· Premium Member
321 Posts
I usually suggest going with a larger press (16x20) when starting out, assuming it's financially viable. It's always a good idea to have a press that allows your business to grow - even if you're only pressing smaller images right now, you'll want to have the ability to do large images later on without having to purchase another press.

The Maxx presses are excellent presses! I highly recommend them!

· Registered
344 Posts
I noticed you only mention the Heat Press. What kind of Printer will you be using? Laser or Inkjet. What kind of paper will you be using. The Heat Press is a very important part of your succcess. The ones that the Forum is talking about are all good presses. Time, Temperature, and Pressure is critical in the Transfer Business. I truly hope you have a really, really good Laser Printer. I would go with a 16 x20 press. Also, remember to "Test, Test, Test the Paper with a scrap of material to make sure you get the best results using the Heat Transfer Paper. Good Luck

· Registered
62 Posts
Question....i am purchasing a GCC cutter, in this case I will still need a printer? However if I make a design my options would be to print them out or to outsource to a company to put onto a transfer for me correct?
A 16x20 Heatpress and cutter are my main pcs of equipment and a design software of course.

· Registered
62 Posts
I was looking at GCC-Expert Pro 24 or Bengal. The Roland is a bit too expensive. After the research I have found that the servo motor is a must, and the downgrade presure. So GCC brand is what I have been considering.

· Registered
6,848 Posts
Vinyl Cutter, Laser Engraving System - GCC

I have 2 GCC cutters (and soon to have a 3rd).....Expert 24 and Cut-3000 (rebranded Bengal)....They have served me very well......If you can afford the Bengal, try hard to reach the Puma III.....And make sure you get a stand.....

GCC cutters come with Great Cut software.....This is cutting only so you will still need vector software....Corel Draw or Illustrator have plugins and work best.....You can also use Inkscape but it is not as convenient.....

· Registered
344 Posts
If all you are want to do is design your print. Then output it to Vinyl, you will still need a Press. If you want to outsource your designs, you can still do that too. Invest in a good quality CLC printer, get some Heat Transfer Paper, if your Printer can handle 8 1/2 x11 and 11x17 good. But you are on the right track if you just purchase the 16x20 press, vinyl cutter. But think later of adding a CLC to the mix to really expand your ideas and your business. Vinyl is great but, Having that color laser printer and transfer paper will add that missing ingredient.

· Registered
344 Posts
GCC is an affordable Vinyl cutter. All to often we have only heard of the Roland GX -24. Which is great cutter. But, GCC which is a Japanese Brand which is a very good machine for the price does everything a Roland can do. Just check it out!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.