T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I mainly screen print but got a heat press and vinyl cutter to do small jobs and names easier..

Main question is what accessories should I look at for using my heat press...

Second question is I have a Teflon sheet. But I'm a little confused on when I should use it... from videos I've seen some people use it all the time, some people never use it.. some people use it half way through a press when they are adding different colors... Basically when should one use it and what purpose does it serve to use one...

Thanks,
Jeron

· Registered
445 Posts
You should use a Teflon sheet when you apply multiple colors or when you're applying to a garment that already has a decoration on it. It's used to protect the garment and any other decoration from the direct contact of the heating element. Using it all of the time is normally done by those that just don't want to run the risk of damaging the garment :). It's better to be safe than sorry.

Regarding the accessories that you may need, there are a few that I recommend with any Heat Press that I sell. I recommend a Quick Slip Pad Protector for the lower pad, a cover sheet (like the Teflon Sheet you're using), and Heat Printing Pillows. There are some other accessories, like Print Perfect Pads or different types of cover sheets, that you may need for various jobs.

· Registered
57 Posts
You should use a Teflon sheet when you apply multiple colors or when you're applying to a garment that already has a decoration on it. It's used to protect the garment and any other decoration from the direct contact of the heating element. Using it all of the time is normally done by those that just don't want to run the risk of damaging the garment :). It's better to be safe than sorry.

Regarding the accessories that you may need, there are a few that I recommend with any Heat Press that I sell. I recommend a Quick Slip Pad Protector for the lower pad, a cover sheet (like the Teflon Sheet you're using), and Heat Printing Pillows. There are some other accessories, like Print Perfect Pads or different types of cover sheets, that you may need for various jobs.
Few weeks ago I applied a desing to the back of a polo shirt... But the buttons of the garment ruin it.. What to use in that case?

· Registered
445 Posts
Few weeks ago I applied a desing to the back of a polo shirt... But the buttons of the garment ruin it.. What to use in that case?

If the buttons on the front came through the transfer on the back, that's a good use for the Pillow. If it's a design on the front, to the left or the right of the buttons, that is where a Print Perfect Pad would be used.

· Registered
445 Posts
Printing pillows are used when there are seams and/or buttons on a garment that could interfere with the transfer area. A good use is when there is a neckline on the front of a shirt that you don't want to come through a transfer on the back, or a thick seam on a hoodie pocket that could prevent even pressure on a design above the pocket. Pillows are used to absorb obstructions to the transfer area, giving you a nice, flat, even pressure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.