T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are also just starting out our small t-shirt business. We are now thinking about buying a heat press. What should I look for? What would be considered a good value for the money? Should I buy a used one if I have the opportunity? For creating a bunch of one-liners would transfer be the best option or using some other method? For the one-liners I just want to be able to create the design as needed and not be stuck with a bunch of invetory if they don't sell. It is for that reason, we are thinking about buying an Epson printer, printing out the transfer, and then pressing the image.
thanks,
Silverbolt

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
We are also just starting out our small t-shirt business. We are now thinking about buying a heat press. What should I look for?
Any commercial grade heat press that delivers accurate time, temperature & pressure.
What would be considered a good value for the money?
The Mighty Press delivers excellent value for a reasonable price.
Should I buy a used one if I have the opportunity?
The only thing about used presses are that they don't carry the manufacturers warranty. If you find a great deal, like others on the forum have, I'd consider it. You might try calling various heat press distributors, to see if they have a demo/show unit available for a discount.
For creating a bunch of one-liners would transfer be the best option or using some other method? For the one-liners I just want to be able to create the design as needed and not be stuck with a bunch of invetory if they don't sell. It is for that reason, we are thinking about buying an Epson printer, printing out the transfer, and then pressing the image.
You might be best suited, investing in a small vinyl cutter, maybe a 15" wide one, to cut text out of heat transfer vinyl. This will deliver the best results on single color text on demand. If you try to print one liners on transfer paper from an epson you will have a backround clear or white film between all of your letters. Another alternative, would be to put all of your one liners on a background image in the shape of a oval or something, trimming would be easier this way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts