T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I talked to a rep from the manufacture the other day asking the same question and was told you can't press other materials on the metalics. They will bond together for a short period of time before coming apart.

I was making a text design which has a metalic outline around the text. I had to lay the standard material down first and then lay the metalic onto that.

That's the information I was told.

Mike

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I stand corrected and apologize for my answer. I swear i thought i had done this before, but maybe not. ... JB

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
has anyone ever had any problem with the metallic vinyl not sticking im using a dickies work shirt 65%poly 35%cotton i tried raising the temp and pressure my thermoflex and sissers stuck fine

And heres the first multicolor shirt

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Raising the temp just causes problems, you have to make sure you are pre-pressing the shirt and follow the directions of your film, make sure if the film is cold peel that you don't rush the peeling and let it cool down otherwise you will have some problems,, unless the film is very old there is normally no reason for it to not stick.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i am having that problem with some metallic gold vinyl!!! it is cold peel, but when i peel cold it is already so adhered to the shirt that it takes some of the metalic with it. not cool??? any suggestions??? gold metallic from jsi systems!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts