T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for. I just made a thread about this but it disappeared or got deleted somehow.

I need the old kind of heat press foam ( not the silicon pad and not the pillows) it used to be sold in 16x20 inch sheets to be the size of the heat press. I need this kind specifically but can't find it to buy no matter what I use for search terms. Here in forums done talk about using high density upholstery foam, but their examples always end up getting wrapped in teflon to make pillows but that is not what I need.

I attached an image to show the scraps I had laying around but I need the big full sheet to cover heat press size. In the image attached... The left is the silicon pad I recently bought that I can't use (not squishy), middle is the foam I'm looking for , right is the same foam but over used and squished from to much use over time with too much heat. The middle kind im looking for does great at the medium temp I use it at, and I need that positive/negative squish and texture it provides.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked online based on your search term, but don't think that is the same kind. I think the older kind I had did NOT have silicon. I attached a picture of one also that LOOKS similar, but it's not because it is not squishy. This is similarbto the silicon pad I bought, that is too stuff. The older kind of very light weight and airy, weighs virtually nothing. All the silicon stuff is heavier.

The weight doesnt factor in at all really, but what I need is very squishy and flexible. Typically when it's heavy though, that's and indicator of not being the kind of squishy from previous foams. I used to be able to buy those in 3 packs of 16x20, but I guess they are phased out.

The reasoning is because, as part of a multi step process, we use Velcro at a beginning step, inside the heat press and that kind of squishy foam helps keep the stiff hook side of the Velcro from bending flat with the pressure and heat.

I might have to find alternatives or tweak the process/settings slightly to work with what is available today.

Image attached is what LOOKS correct, but it's not.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Nope.. the regular heat press pads are high density closed cell silicone foam.
Steam press silicone foam is a soft open cell foam allowing the steam to go through.
You could also use open cell polyurethane sponge, which is what this is Vapor® Foam but it will not last as long as the silicone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.