T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble getting the lettering to come out clean at the bottom of this hat. Everything looks good up until that point. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
I hate lettering at the bottom of a hat and I hate circles on hats. You have both. You need to get it as flat as possible. There are some specialty hoops to help with this. I don't have this one but it looks pretty good. Embroidery Machine Accessories > HoopTech Products

·
Registered
126 Posts
You mention that everything looks good until that point. I see a crease going through the whole design. This design was not properly digitized for hats. It is critical to have the hat sew bottom center out. If you used pellon it creased and gathered as you sewed because it did not sew in the correct order. One other thing, some embroidery machines do hats poorly. Pick the hats that your machine works the best with and sell those.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Digitizing for hats and hooping correctly are the essentials for doing a good job. Where you are having problems is over a seam. It may be catching on the embroidery machine and that’s the result we’re seeing. Backing is so very critical in creating a smooth inside to roll over the throat plate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Digitizing for hats and hooping correctly are the essentials for doing a good job. Where you are having problems is over a seam. It may be catching on the embroidery machine and that’s the result we’re seeing. Backing is so very critical in creating a smooth inside to roll over the throat plate.
I have the digitizer rechecking the logo he sent me. I need to make sure that the backing is smooth on the inside of the hat?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes definitely a digitizing problem. You need to work from the center out and preferably bottom to top. APEX embroidery does a great job for us, but they are on the more expensive side. Visit their website for rates.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am having trouble getting the lettering to come out clean at the bottom of this hat. Everything looks good up until that point. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Embroidery on 6-panel caps is more challenging than on flat fabric, as others have noted. Embroidering small text over the front seam can be more challenging, in part because of needle deflection and the amount of fabric that the needle must penetrate. You didn't mention the needle size that you used. You might want to try at least a size 80 needle. Also, you might want to slow your machine down more than you typically would.

·
Registered
5 Posts
AS previuosly suggested redigitize for hats the sequence is center out bottom up. Change to a 80/12 or 90/14 needle for hats. These needles will perfom better on structured hats. Especially on the lower parts of design.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts