T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Recently got into embroidery with a brother pe770. Using 40 wt polyester thread with a 75/11 ballpoint needle and cutaway stabilizer. I tried stitching a design on a 100% cotton shirt and it came out great. Switched over to 100% polyester and the thread keeps shredding and breaking. I tried using 2 cut away stabilizer backings but having the same results. Also tried lowering the stitch density but still shredded the thread. Any ideas on what else to do??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was the first time, it messed up multiple times throughout but I tried to keep going. It ended up putting a bunch of thread down into the bobbin case so I had to cut the shirt out which is the hole.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If your getting a birdnest under the throat plate, usually is a tension issue. Adjust your tensions. Tensions change as material changes, what works great for one material - doesn't always work for another. Check tensions after each run by looking at back of embroidered design.

Looks like fill stitches, density could be another issue. Same rules apply to density and fabric types.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts