T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for some reason ive been having ALOT of pinholes, not just 1 or 2 but TONS, i have no idea whats going on, i do the same routine everyweek, i couldnt even finish the jobs i have this week, any help!!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Make sure your exposure glass is VERY clean. And I also had this problem until I realized I was underexposing. Try adding some time to your exposure.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I think Phillip is right. I recently switched from photopolymer to dual cure and had/have pinhole issues. Try exposing longer and watch out for dust gathering on the screen while drying after you reclaim. Also you may try applying a thicker stencil coating. And make sure it's not too humid in your screen prep area.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hello what can of emulsion are you using, are you coating the screen on both sides or just one and the time that you are exposing the screen for.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you been able to get any good exposures since you've mixed the emulsion? If not, make sure your emulsion is mixed correctly. Also experiment with longer exposure time.

Worst case, buy some 'red coat' which is great for patching up pinholes. I use it on a daily basis.

CCI Red Coat Water Removable Block-Out
i have that red coat but im not sure how to use it, it came with the package i bought, how do i use it? and yes the emulsion in mixed, ive been using it for the past few weeks and had no problems till now

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
getting on in shelf life?
Has it passed its use by date / is it old / has it expired / is it, in fact, a dead parrot. It doesn't last indefinitely, and it starts to break down gradually rather than just instantly failing when it's too old.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just apply the red coat to the shirt side of the screen with a spatula. Use a light behind the screen to see pinholes more clearly.

I can't remember how long the DXP should last, but if you've had it for more than several months you may need a new batch.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i had have screens in a dark room coated for months with no problems.i have had issues with pin holes but solved quickly with a tack wrag, i would wipe down the screen before i coat and wipe it down before burning and then i wipe down glass as well cured the problem...i believe in my tack wrag ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
If the environment you are exposing in as a lot of dust you need to make sure you wipe off all the dust you can like Inky stated. If you are using an exposure lamp I would highly recommend investing in an exposure light table. You will save yourself time and money and frustration. Dual cure only last so long on the shelf and I personally don't crack the lid of the emulsion. Also if you have alot of dust in your work area keep you screens covered and before applying emulsion tack rag the front and back of the screen. Dual cure requires stricked exposure time. You do have a window with Dual cure but its not as much as they claim. Also a lamp can cause uneven exposure and also will exposing the screen is left out to the elements and becomes and invitation for dust and other particles to land of the surface. If you don't have an exposure table get one! if you do have one.. Prep every surface dust free. and watch the shelf life of your emulsion.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Also put your emulsion in the fridge once sensitized, it really extends the life. Do you also rotate your screen 180* after every coat of emulsion,this also helps the emulsion to bridge the mesh,and yes dust horrible stuff..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts