T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all am about to start selling ladies stuff but i dont know the hottest stuff that ladies like to buy anyone with gfood information should pls reply this post.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Depends on the lady and the market :)

I've found that generally, they like a cut that isn't as boxy as the "unisex" shirts (like the Hanes Beefy Tee). More form fitting, but not showing the midriff and not super tight.

This can vary though, as some ladies prefer tighter cuts that show the belly.

I tend to sell the Bella 1001 because it seems to be a good "general" ladies t-shirt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I asked my sister, girlfriend and a couple of her friends what tshirts they prefer. They all seemed to say the very same thing. They HATE sphagetti type string tops, or the form fitting girl tshirts that have the short sleaves (not a tank, but more of inbetween a tank and a regular short sleeve). What they prefer most is regular kid's or small youth t-shirts, of the normal short sleeve variety. Ages of girls i asked 18-24. Hope this helps.

Jeremy

·
Registered
282 Posts
It's all going to depend on your design and TARGET MARKET.

On a personal level, I don't like the "boxy" unisex t-shirts. I like it tapered
at the waist and the sleeves shorter.

Also a little longer (more age and body appropriate for me).
I also don't like high necks. I do favor the lighter weight 100%
cotton ringspun.

Some ladies blanks may still be boxy...such
as a sample from ragingriverapparel.com.

I'm going to be ordering some Hanes Silver for Her blanks to check out the cuts...they've got three cuts.
(statonwholesale.com, no minimums).

·
Registered
274 Posts
well, I'M a lady and i'm quite pleased with all of the alternative apparel shirts. i bought some plain ones just to wear. they're soft, come in lots of cuts and most importantly- they're long! i just recieved some of their new samples today and i'm stoked, they're super fantastic.

when you guys say "belly showing", do you mean straight up mid-riff, belly button showing? gross... i don't care how nice your stomach is, belly buttons are for the beach only.

·
Registered
303 Posts
What about tank tops? Would peope here stock a range of different t-shirts for women? I've been thinking about female vests. But I do think a bigger selection of products would be good even if they had the same design just on a different style of t-shirt.

HongKongDMZ

·
Registered
183 Posts
I like shirts that you can layer. I like the Urban Outfitter tees - the one's that are really soft -- like this one:
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop...ODUCT&iMainCat=163&iSubCat=171&iProductID=639

They are formitting but are stretchy at the same time.

T-shirts that definitely do not work for me are the super thin ones that are practically see through...

I also don't like the staghetti straps but I like tank tops with the wider straps like these:
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/com...B-187554&page=1&cgname=OSCLOTOPVIL&rfnbr=2456

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi, i work at lifewear, and we've been getting a lot of calls for "girlie shirts". they are ringspun combed cotton shirts that fit tight on the woman displaying her curvy features and even her belly. these shirts are hot right now, especially with the younger girls. we don't stock them but we have sent samples out. very nice, the girls in our family love them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I say definitely tshirts with normal length sleeves (the capped sleeves are So annoying!), with a slightly fitted style (not everyone has very defined curves but then, we don't want it draping either) and slightly stretchy. The bid thing at the moment seems to be a longer length tee (most AA tees are in this style) and this is popular because it covers the baby belly fat some women have (not my choice but hey).

Hope that was of use.

- Annie

·
Registered
140 Posts
[
quote=SpacemanFL]Wait.... are you seriously trying to figure out what women want??? That question has been pondered for thousands of years. :D :D :D
[/QUOTE]

I can just speak for the women in my life, They want selection. They also love to shop.

·
Registered
180 Posts
On my faq page I state that other colors and styles of shirts are available on request. I have a long way to go before I can stock all the varieties people might want. I just picked what I thought best but keep the door open for alternatives if that is what a customer wants.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks guys for your response i would like to know more i got some ideas for wat you guys replied me once again thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
Personal obervations about two brands:

www.ragingriverapparel.com

has ladies pigment 6.1 oz tees are
supposedly a classic women's cut.

Well, the sleeves when compared to
a Gildan Ultra Cotton ladies tee
are approximately 1.5 inches less (smaller).

What does this mean? The drape is really bad at the sleeve.
Anyone that is not skinny and small-chested will have a problem
with the sleeve pulling inward and feeling awkward.
Length is typical at the waist (not cropped).
I plan on calling Raging River Apparel to check their measurements.
Customer service is really nice.

GILDAN new ladies tee...
It's the same 6.1 oz Ultra Cotton as men's. I got a free sample from
Gildan booth at Long Beach NBM Show.

Ugh...the sleeves are cut ALL WRONG.
Maybe this is a factory defect? Will have to call and ask.

I laid the shirt on top of the Raging River.
The armholes are typical-sized to me.

BUT, the top and bottom shoulder seams are NOT ALIGNED
and really curved inwards.

This accounts for a funky tugged inward sleeve/shoulder look like Raging River.
Drape is awkward looking.

Just sharing. :) Could be just these samples I got were irregulars?

Both shirts are standard women's medium
(as opposed to sizes Large/XL that I would take in the
slender cuts such as Bella...which I'm dying to try out
after seeing their entire line at the trade show.
Bella has a PURPLE/Purple Ringer Tee).;)

Susan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all am about to start selling ladies stuff but i dont know the hottest stuff that ladies like to buy anyone with gfood information should pls reply this post.
hey... if i can add to this thread

The material must be soft and form fitting
(nothing that is rough and stiff feeling)

I also prefer a small capped sleeve
(not sphagetti strap)

and of course a hot graphic!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts