T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New to the site and i'm posting my site for review www.twosouls.ca I'm using a basic program provided by the Host company. I'm in the process of leanring dreamweaver right now. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for the advice...

Mark

·
Registered
98 Posts
twosouls said:
Hi,

New to the site and i'm posting my site for review www.twosouls.ca I'm using a basic program provided by the Host company. I'm in the process of leanring dreamweaver right now. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for the advice...

Mark
Heya mark,

Here is a little bit of constructive criticism:

1) Your splash page navigation image is very difficult to read.....light grey text on a white background is a negative.

2) Inconsistency -- Your splash page layout has nothing to do with the theme of your following pages. If you are going to use a splash page...with a navigation bar like that, I would put your logo there instead of the navigation image option. I'm not a big fan of splash pages in general for ecommerce design.

3) Overall theme - When I first get to yoru page....I have no idea what you are selling. You have no T-Shirt imagery and only designs......also, are you planning on setting up a cart or anything? How are people supposed to purchase a design they like?

shipping info
Shipping orders will take up to 30 working days from date of purchase. You will recieve an email when your order has been processed and shipped.

shipping breakdown
PayPal takes a min of 5 to 7 working days to transfer funds. To cut cost on transport of tee takes between 10 to 12 working days. Two souls inc. takes about 3 days to process your order once your funds have been transfered. If you are having any problems please do not hesitate to contact us.
Wow.....it takes 30 days to ship a shirt to someone? Am I reading this correctly? This whole section needs to be rewritten if this is not your intention. I find it very misleading.

Not a bad start, but I believe that you need a lot of work before launching.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Mark.

Its a nice looking site and I like the angle you are promoting. One usability issue of the site is that you cannot easily browse the t-shirts. First its hard to tell where to start browsing in the first place.

Second the three designs are hidden beneath each other. I would put them all side by side on a page so that people could easily pick a particular design and then decide to purchase, rather than having to go through all designs to get to the last one.

Overall great site, with a bit of tweaking needed to take it over the top!

- Chaning

·
Registered
303 Posts
I dont like the text font on the left. Looks basic and unattractive. Maybe something closer linked to your t-shirt style is better. I also agree with the site having too much free space though. It looks alright but still feels like its under construction. I dont have the need to check it out soon but maybe later in the future. All honest comments.

Nick.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, you are doing it very well, considering Dreamweaver is a new world to you and you are using an online tool.

Some tips:

1. Small fonts. Overall fonts are small. Put special attention on the fonts in your menu. They are not very easy to read.
2. Make your links more noticeable. They are light grey, and hard to distinguish.
3. Sizing info. Where is it?
4. Improve your photos. Many people need to see the closest to reality photo, in order to buy something.
5. Consider listing all your designs in one page, so users dont have to click through every tshirt.
6. Colors in your design. They should be the same in every page to keep consistency, as someone previously said. =)
7. White space. There's too much in some areas like in the right side of the pages, and sometimes in the bottom.
8. Make a logo for yourself! You are designers right? So why not making a logo for Two Souls that represents your way? You have amazing tshirt designs there, so go, make your logo!!

Good luck! =)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Mark,
About this design.

Nice design and message, but i think the general population ignores reallity and self-progam their sub-concious not to be reminded of such.

This narrows down your market.

Personally, I would buy this shirt/design if it had a Local Youth Org. LOGO on it also and some of the revenue from sales were donated to such Org.

This would widen your market too...i think.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey,
i have a few suggestions for your site. First the homepage really should have some image of your products, just so people can quickly and clearly figure out what the site is about and also if they like one of your designs they can learn more about it easily. Second, the navigation system you have for you designs is terrible, i looked at like 2 shirts then got sick of pressing the next button. Also it goes from the design to the buy page when you press next, that isnt really what customers would be hoping for or expecting when they're browsing designs. Another small thing is the t-shirt template you use to display your designs on a shirt looks a bit dodgy. You can get some really cool looking templates from stock image places online.

I would suggest that you list all your designs in a catalogue type layout so people can qucikly and easily browse them - otherwise nobody will ever see the vast majority of your designs.

It needs a little work, but i think the site has good potential.

Good luck, Andrew

·
Registered
22 Posts
LucyRoberts said:
Mark,
About this design.

Nice design and message, but i think the general population ignores reallity and self-progam their sub-concious not to be reminded of such.

This narrows down your market.

Personally, I would buy this shirt/design if it had a Local Youth Org. LOGO on it also and some of the revenue from sales were donated to such Org.

This would widen your market too...i think.
I couldnt disagree with lucy on this more, the majority of people i know are deeply concerned about political and social problems and many people i know wear shirts expressing their concerns. I think there is a large market for shirts with political messages...and not just bill clinton and george bush jokes.

On a slightly non-tshirt note, i would like to think that the general population deserves a little more credit than lucy gives them, i dont believe that people ignore important issues and i dont think that if they are shown some terrible problem that they would ignore it...

I think the suggestion about the youth organisation is somewhat cynical and manipulative of charity. I dont think community services should be viewed as an easy way to raise profits.

You should continue to pursue the political message if it is something you're passionate about, and it seems to me that you and the other artists are passionate about it.

Good luck,
Andrew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts