T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im really looking into starting a clothing line. me and my Girlfriend worked hard to come up with ideas and characters and different designs.. basically we have a pretty heavy portfolio of work. We also tons of company names down for when we are ready to choose. I know we should go get a business license. but should we get people to print or designs or should we get equipment we really want to start of small. what is the best legitmate advice you guys can give thank you

· Registered
29 Posts
I was on the same road as you about 5 months ago. Started a shirt line with my gf and so far we're doing ok. I would suggest you get the business license first because they can waive the tax for you when you order your shirts from a supplier. All you need is the seller permit and that'll get it taken care of. Get your fictitious statement done, search the name first to make sure your brand name doesn't clash with anyone.

· Registered
250 Posts
If you don't know how to print shirts, then PLEASE don't try to learn on the job! Outsource it so that you can concentrate on the designing and business ends, and so that you have quality products right out of the gate. Later on if it makes smart business sense (and ONLY if so!), you can invest in getting equipment and hiring experienced people to do the printing in-house for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.