T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has ANYONE USED VINYL TO PUT ONTO THE STADIUM SEATS? I found some seat cushions at "Spirit industries" just wondering if I'd melt the cushion or if I should just get them screen printed.
Thanks,
Kimsie

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have no idea but i too would like to know! I think that it would be able to be done. I think,but dont quote me. I have seen that you can cook a little slower to get the transfer to go on too some more colmplicated materials. but thats just what ive heard and in some cases seen

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
If the seat is cloth it will work. I know some are made of plastic for being rain repellent and this would not work well with a heat press( the melting seat would be messy). I would think you could use sign vinyl with great results though. I have sold many of them using sign vinyl. I have also embroidered and heat pressed the cloth ones. People like these seats with there team's name and there name too. .... JB

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I grabbed one of them out of the box yesterday to play with. They are advertised as being made of 600 denier polyester. First thing I tried was some Oracal 651 sign vinyl. Not gonna happen, it just would not stick to the seat. I couldn't even get the release paper to peal off the decal.

Next up, I cut a piece of Eco Film Plus. When I grabbed the roll, I also noticed it had a sticker inside the other end of the tube that says Video Flex Extra but it doesn't have the pink layer like the roll of Video Flex Extra I have??? Anyway, I heat pressed that onto the seat and it looks like it will work. I used some scrap papers left over from transfers to block off around the design and I don't see any evidence of discoloration from the heat press.

I will probably try Easy Weed on the other side just to see what happens.

·
Registered
67 Posts
here is a stadium seat i did. i think i used thermofilm and it worked great. i am curious about the cushions though so let us know.
Lisa if you used thermofilm, did you go by the manuf. instructions or did you use different temp. and time setting?

·
Registered
479 Posts
where to buy blank stadium cushions to heat press onto?
you might try
Spirit Industries
Perfect Promotional Products--www.perfectline.com
Fey Promotional Products Group--www.fey-line.com
Custom Plastic Spec---www.keystoneline.com
Grayline---www.grayline.com
Benmex International Inc---www.opuslineusa.com
I'm PPAI & SAGE, not sure if you need to be a member to purchase from them, probably not. Heat pressing stadium cushions, not sure.
We order them already screenprinted with our artwork.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts