T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did a Google search for inkjet film to see if I was getting a good price with my usual supplier and stumbled upon this "Discount Screen Films" in the sponsored links section at the top of the results.

Never heard of 'em.

I mean they LOOK kinda legit. But doing a search on them doesn't yield much in the way of user reviews. And aside from having a perky cheerleader-type doing their promo vids, their prices are SUPER cheap. Like too good to be true cheap.

Has anyone tried this out? Or is there anyone out there a bit more daring than me who wants to drop some change on this stuff and give us a report back?

· Registered
138 Posts
Never heard of them, but those are some low prices. Shoot them an email and ask if they can sell you a 10 sheet sample pack or seomthing. Other screen supply houses offer sample packs and its saved me some bucks. One place sent me a sample and I was very unhappy with the product. Glad i didnt buy a 100 sheet pack. I thin kthe same was like $10 + like $5 shipping. Expensive on a per sheet bases but better than spending $75 +ship to find out i didnt like the stuff.

Ask them if the inkjet stuff is the thick waterproof type.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shoot them an email and ask if they can sell you a 10 sheet sample pack or seomthing.
Have no idea why I didn't think of that, considering I'll try to get a free sample of just about anything. Unfortunately, there's no email address, which makes me further question that joint's legitimacy.

I came across these guys in my web travels and so far their stuff works pretty good. The prices are similar. Fixons, Waterproof Positive Manufacturer
Whoa, thanks for that hook-up. Two people vouching for them thus far, their prices are good, and the film is waterproof. Nice.

· Registered
648 Posts
they are legit. They basically sell regular office style transaprency film, cheaper than you would be able to get an office supply store.
I think they are better quality films specific to screen printing. They will send you samples if you call them.

· Registered
1 Posts
i know this is an old thread, but i just felt compelled to reply because i, too, had a hard time getting information about discount screenfilm, but i took a chance and actually bought 5 items--(1) 24" roll and (4) 8.5"x14--to get the free shipping. With the 5 items, it was still cheaper than the price of one 24" roll from other suppliers.

to my pleasant surprise, the film worked as intended. it takes a little longer for the ink to dry (about 5 minutes compared to about a minute for the expensive branded films), but it's no big deal, just don't stack them after printing.

conclusion: at such a great discount, i would buy from them again. delivery out of florida to california takes about 7 days (10 days after order).

· Registered
15 Posts
i know this is an old thread, but i just felt compelled to reply because i, too, had a hard time getting information about discount screenfilm, but i took a chance and actually bought 5 items--(1) 24" roll and (4) 8.5"x14--to get the free shipping. With the 5 items, it was still cheaper than the price of one 24" roll from other suppliers.

to my pleasant surprise, the film worked as intended. it takes a little longer for the ink to dry (about 5 minutes compared to about a minute for the expensive branded films), but it's no big deal, just don't stack them after printing.

conclusion: at such a great discount, i would buy from them again. delivery out of florida to california takes about 7 days (10 days after order).

You should check out Fixxons (http://fixxons.com/1/online.html) they sell extremely affordable waterproof ink-jet transparencies that are dry to the touch WHILE they are still being printed. They are specially made and designed for screen printers and are amazing. I'm in Cali and they ship from Commerce so after its been shipped it takes 1 day to get to me (w/ free shipping!) No I don't work for Fixxons or anything like that, I've just had to deal with crappy transparencies that take 1 day or more to dry and now I no longer have any problems.

· Registered
3 Posts
Using Film Positives from discountscreenfilms.com?

Not sure why DSF never answers the phone when I call but I've been ordering Film from (Discount Screen Film) for a while. and i must say its great product. fast shipping. Im using an inkjet printer and never had a problem printing on their Film. I just wish they would answer the phone. :)

Custom Printed Clothing And Accessories | Naples, Miami, Florida T-Shirts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.