T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I had a request from a client for blanks. I'm assuming they will be printing or having the garments printed. I've not sold blanks before so I'm unsure of how to go about it. Is there a standard markup for this situation? I was thinking 100%. I would also charge tax I'm assuming. Any tips or advice would be helpful.

Thank you!

· Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I would definitely have them pay up front and make sure the payment is processed. Is reselling blanks I buy from a distributor okay though?
Is OK, but this has SCAM written all over it

· Registered
3,145 Posts
Yes, be careful it's a legitimate customer. If they tell you they have their own shipper who will pick them up it's a scam. If they tell you their credit card won't work with your processing company it's a scam. Next thing they'll say is their shipper's credit card machine is broken so they need you to pay them in cash after they pay you with a card. I've heard the same scam 50 times. (Like why do they need a "machine" to process a card in 2018?)

But I sold blanks to a school once that wanted them for a field day. Easiest money I ever made. I marked up the price by a dollar per shirt, ordered the 300 shirts from my wholesaler and had them shipped directly to the school office. Literally ten minutes of work.

(Oh and I asked the wholesaler first if that was against any policies and they told me it was not.)

· Registered
2,556 Posts
Make sure it is a face to face ( or at the very least a local ) transaction, and only accept upfront payment in cleared funds by some method that can't be subject to a chargeback. Preferably cash.

If it isn't a local order then - unless you have the best SEO in the world - you need to ask why has the customer bypassed millions of other companies and used you.

· Registered
3,145 Posts
Yup. Definitely having them pay first.
Be real careful with this. As mentioned above, unless it's someone who you already know like an existing customer or legitimate local business or government office you need to be suspicious.

Look for any sign of irregularity. If they're overly eager to pay you without first finalizing the details of the transaction, if they try to pay you more than agreed upon to cover expenses, if there are errors in their grammar that lead you to believe they are from another country, these are all indicative of a scam.

And if they want a ridiculous quantity of blanks, say 2000 (all the same size) and are happy to pay you retail price for them it goes without saying that it's a scam.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.