T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see lots of shot and drinking glasses with screen printing on them. Has anyone done this? Do you know of any good books or other resources that may help me learn to do it??? I think it's cool.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I'm not entirely sure how you'd go about it....I imagine there's some sort of specific machinery out there in the wide world to do it via silk screening, but the more usual method would be using decals.

I've directly screenpriinted flat glass with etching fluid, which eats away a thin layer to superb results, but for curved small shot glasses, I think decals would be the way to go.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have seen it done with pad printing... and it sure looked like a lot of trouble. I had a friend pad print some golf balls and he told me it was a nightmare.

·
Registered
282 Posts
FYI...there was a thread recently on the Heat_transfers_for_desktop_printers Y group I belong to. Sorry, CRS (cannot remember stuff) on details. I think the conclusion was a wholesale vendor was the way to go. You might try screenprinters.net and do a search or post there. Cheers, Susan H.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts