T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of Xerox's Free Printer Promo? Someone placed on ad on Craigslist, and it says it's free, and the shipping is waived.

I emailed the person, and he or she says the $25.00 is waived, and the way the program works is that you have to buy the ink cartridges from Xerox.

I was just wondering how it worked out. Is the ink to expensive, poor quality printing, take to long to receive the Printer etc. If you have anyother actual information please respond.

If you're not sure or never took part in it, please don't say I heard from a friend that received the printer. Hear Say isn't factual.

Thanks everyone,

Selanac Embroidery and Screen Printing.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks like the same URL. I can't check it from work due to the firewall blocking it, but I'll try it when I get home, if I remember anyways.

Do you know if that's a good printer? Anyone have any problems with it printing vellum or transparencies? To slow etc?

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
The Phaser was originally designed by a company called Tektronix and it was an exceptional printer - vivid and faithful color printing, easy maintenance, rugged and they almost never jammed. Xerox (in a rare smart move at that time) bought the company and made the Phaser the basis for all their business level color laser printers including the Docucolor 12 series. I haven't used one in years so I can't comment on the current models but a few years ago the Phaser was the standard.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
this printer is a very good printer for MOST office applications...It is not really suitable for transfers because it uses solid ink sticks...and if not used every day...has a problem with clogging and there is considerable waste in startup.. the URL listed above has this quote
"The Xerox Phaser 8560 DH
printer produces brilliant professional color output.
Using solid ink color is truer,
more saturated and remarkably
consistent, page after page, on virtually any media"

because this is a solid ink, it does not do well under heat/pressure....or so I have found..JMO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey selanac,
I ordered one from Freeprinterpromo.com It was off Craigslist that I saw the ad also. That printer is a work horse and fast. It was Free and I go through about $40 a month in supplies that they send us.. Not bad for a small office that prints a lot.
If your thinking of getting one from them I would say its a super deal. I didnt want to spend $500+ on a good printer and this cant be beat.
My 2 cents..
Pete

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unfortunately it doesn't fit the profile for transfers and film from what I'm told. What kind of shop do you have? What equipment are you using? Do you have one of those new Hybrid shops?
We do a little bit of everything. ;o) We do everything from web design to graphics.
Yes we run a Hybrid shop. I have not tried transfers on that printer as we have a local shop that we sub out our transfers too. Well back to work here!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts