T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. probably around 2001/2 i was in a sam's club and picked up some $4 black shirts labeled as PLUMA (100% cotton, made in el salvador of usa fabric rn13785)

. i have to say they have been the most comfortable and sturdiest t-shirts i've ever owned. after many washings, they've held their color and my plastisol prints exceptionally well.

. has anyone else used these shirts before and can reccomend a similar brand that's currently available? (pluma went out of business a while ago, probably why they were at sams...)

. thanks!

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I've never tried those shirts before, but there are lots of decent, sturdy black shirts out there.

What other shirts have you tried that you didn't like? That will help narrow down suggestions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This will be great news for anyone who's been looking for the Pluma Brand T-Shirts because of their unbeatable quality.

I called the buyer at Wal-Mart several months ago, after I found out that Pluma went Bankrupt, and explained at that time that it would be great if Wal-Mart could find another supplier of T-shirts of equal quality. He said he'd look into it, and get back to me at some point if he had any good news for me.

He called me yesterday to let me know that Wal-Mart had worked out a deal with a Major Manufacturer who he couldn't name at this time, to begin manufacturing T's of equal quality to those made by Pluma, and he said I should begin looking for them at Wal-Mart around the middle of February.

He also said that they would be available in colors later if they sold well, and that it was possible they would be made in long sleeve versions and perhaps high quality fleece sweat shirts and pants as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts