T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it is not a DTG printer but I know a lot of the DTG's use some of the same parts and I could probably get some answers from here, (I used to have 3 DTG's and have bought a lot of ink and things from you) I am using the adjustment wizard2 and the head is out of a 9800 I bought for parts, it came with it is new never used and the bottom of the head has a gold tint.
Thank You,
Richard

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ID is in the picture above that is the complete ID . Will it hurt the head to run it and try it like you said? Right now the head hasn't been used . Thanks for your help you were very helpful when I had DTG's.

Richard

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, here is what happened when I tried it with no head rank input.(See pics.) It has colored streaks that are in the same place but are not in the art , or in the nozzle checks which are like they are supposed to be, (No Streaks). I put in another head out of another 9800 that works fine but this 9800 WILL Not take it's head rank either (Gives me the same error) but it prints perfect with that head just not the new one. Any suggestions what is happening with this 9800? It works perfect except for this one thing. The Adjustment wizard works in every other way except for the head rank stuff, so I don't think it could be that but I am up for suggestions.

Thank You,
Richard

Attachments

· Registered
2,738 Posts
The head rank isn't important BUT if you are using an R1900 head it WILL do stuff like this because Epson has encrypted the R1900 heads now and they do funky stuff, so with encryption they want people to avoid putting in different model heads in different machines. Before you put this head in was it doing this stuff? You may want to check your head cables and see if they are corroded and damaged.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.