T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order on 7.14.06 for 40 American Apparel style 2001 tees in fuschia through Trendyblanks.com. I got a package about a week later with a packing slip stating that I had only ordered 35 shirts. 25 shirts were in the package with 10 of them listed as unpacked. Furthermore the package was open and 2 of the shirts were soiled. I made a call and 2 replacement shirts were sent right out. Still no word on the other 15 shirts. Ive called Trendyblanks numerous times and they havent had any word from American Apparel. I tried calling AA and they wouldnt deal with me or call Trendyblanks for me. Is this a usual thing?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
It sounds like an issue that you need to take up with trendyblanks.com

Sometimes with different suppliers, products go out of stock or orders get shorted.

If you order directly from americanapparel, then they would handle the customer service from you. You ordered through a "distributor" type site (trendyblanks), so they would need to be the ones to make sure the order is correct or you are refunded for any shirts that you didn't receive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
T-BOT said:
sorry, who did you buy the shirts from ? ..... Trendyblanks.com ?
Trendyblanks.com, which is a division of Blankshirts.com. Ive received nothing but excellent service from Blankshirts so far.

aokusman said:
Next time order direct from AA, it would even be cheaper.
Cheaper by the dozen or case, but I only needed 40 shirts. Ordering from AA directly would have cost me ~$2 more/shirt.

Rodney said:
If you order directly from americanapparel, then they would handle the customer service from you. You ordered through a "distributor" type site (trendyblanks), so they would need to be the ones to make sure the order is correct or you are refunded for any shirts that you didn't receive.
Blankshirts' call center handles both divisions. They have sent numerous messages to AA wondering the status of the order, but have gotten no response. Since I ordered through Trendyblanks, AA will not answer my questions directly (understandable, but the least the could do would be to give me an estimate on time). One of the customer service reps was telling me that this happens often. I was just wondering if this happened to anyone else.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Can't say i ever had a problem with "aa" in Canada.
Just had a few shirts from them delivered next day that i need to show a client as samples for a job. Paid single shirt price and im ok with that.

As for BestBlanks, they are sponsors on a few sites I manage and they are a pro-company. Dont know why you are having problems.

I think what you are going thru is something called B/O " Back Order". It is normal in the biz.

Mind you that B/O percentage should be minimal on fills.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Lucid Apparel said:
Blankshirts' call center handles both divisions. They have sent numerous messages to AA wondering the status of the order, but have gotten no response. Since I ordered through Trendyblanks, AA will not answer my questions directly (understandable, but the least the could do would be to give me an estimate on time). One of the customer service reps was telling me that this happens often. I was just wondering if this happened to anyone else.
This seems a bit odd to me. Are they only taking the wholesale orders for American Apparel - and then telling American Apparel what to ship where? I believe most wholesalers buy the shirts in massive case quanitity themselves, then redistribute them to people buying wholesale from them; is this not the case with BlankShirts?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Twinge said:
This seems a bit odd to me. Are they only taking the wholesale orders for American Apparel - and then telling American Apparel what to ship where? I believe most wholesalers buy the shirts in massive case quanitity themselves, then redistribute them to people buying wholesale from them; is this not the case with BlankShirts?
Supprisingly the shirts come straight from the AA warehouse at a fraction of what you would get them directly from AA. I just wish AA was a bit more informative as to when the shirts will be shipped. I think Im gonna convince my client to change colors to something similar, and most importantly, in stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts