T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,698 Posts
High end meaning Unique Designers that may not be Versace yet ? :)

If you could describe it a liitle more.....and what you mean by high end.
Are they located in next to Gucci, or on an strip that houses New upcoming/independet fashion forward designers ?

· Registered
3,698 Posts
howierocket said:
I am talking like the little shops that handle small very premium designers like some of us here, like BelHeir deals with. Small to medium somewhat independent boutiques that have really nice stuff but most of it will be very elite and expensive.
Some are not "very expensive" where it would fall under Dior or Versace price points.

I think to get into these types of boutiques word of mouth and contacts are key.

Personally, I thing the best way to get your stuff into Higher end unique designer boutiques is to contact the boutiques yourself directly.

· Registered
3,698 Posts
Comin'OutSwingin said:
Sales reps normally expect about 15% of the sales that they generate.

This is if they also represent other lines.

If they are exclusive to your company, then more would be expected.
Greg, may be its different here or a different situation, but we have never paid more then 10% to reps. that have represented the line at trade shows and followed up with accounts.

There was even one case where a Brand Like "aa" style blank goods in the early 90's where the reps were getting 5%.

Honestly, I find 15 points is to much when you sell at wholesale level. Since a general wholesale mark up is 30 points above cost.

· Registered
3,698 Posts
Comin'OutSwingin said:
I think it's a little high, also. I'm just quoting what I've found in my research.

For clarification, this is more for new lines or new "manufacturers". Reps would like more from companies that aren't established because they don't know if this is a product that will be around for a while or not.

More estabished companies or brands may be able to pay between 8-10%.

Remember, since sales reps are not employees, but independent contractors, the fees are always negotiable!
You're right Greg,

I guess starting from scratch it may be a little harder to get a sales agency interested. That's why I think creating some demand for the goods by advertising in a trade magazine before hand, may get you noticed with industry peeps and sales agencies too. You can then contact the sales agencys as a follow up to the ADs and even offer to put their contact Name on future ads, printed matter/catalogs etc.,.... to further expose the brand and the Agency...... you may even pay less than 15% considering you will be promoting them in Ad's. ;) ...just an idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.