T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

Was just wondering if anyone has dealt with CMB in canada. Was just wondering if they are a reliable dealer, and if their prices were fair compared to others.

Thanks again

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
CMB Services is our exclusive dealer for the DTG brand of printers in eastern Canada. CMB has more experience than any other Canadian company with direct to garment printers and were the first direct to garment dealer of any circumstance in all of Canada. The owner, Claude Bourgon, is extremely knowledgeable about the direct to garment marketplace as well as screen printing. We consider ourselves very fortunate to have a dealer of such quality selling our products.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had a conversation with Claude and he sounded very knowledgable. I am just in the beginning stages of my investigation of which direct to garment printer to purchase. I have looked at the Anajet and now I am looking at the Viper. Can anyone tell me which machine that they think is better and why.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
The Anajet and the Viper are in different classes of machine. The Anajet is a 13" wide format machine, designed to print one shirt at a time. The Viper is a 17" format machine designed to print 4 small, 2 normal or 1 oversize shirt at a time. The Anajet comes with a one year warranty, the Viper has a 2 year warranty. The Viper has the patent-pending WIMS circulation system, pressurized CMYK ink delivery system, active printhead collision protection and exclusive radial ink mist extraction fan. Typically the ink costs for the Viper about one half of the ink costs of the Anajet.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My situation is I currently sub contract my silk screening. I am looking for a machine that will enable me to do shorter runs in house, so I have greater control. I read into your post that the Viper would be a better machine for my needs. Unless you think there is a different machine that I should consider also.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Understand that I am a bit biased here as the distributor of the DTG brand. However, for the relatively small price difference between the Viper and the Anajet Sprint (about $4-5K USD) I think you will find that you get much more for your money with the Viper. The ink cost differential is huge. Assume you use 4 liters per month or about 50 liters per year of ink, at a price difference of $300-350 per liter more for the Anajet you will save $1500-1800 per year in ink costs, more if you figure in the savings on pre-treatment as well. Another benefit of the DTG brand (and any other printer that uses an easily removeable shirt board system) is that you can quickly get the printer printing the next shirt while you unload and reload the original shirt board. This saves 30-60 seconds per print - effectivel increasing throughput by as much as 50-100% depending on design size.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am located in Canada so therefore woudl be dealing with CMB. Being relative;ly close to my supplier is oimportant also. I don't really want to have to send my machine to California for repairs.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
The ink cost differential is huge. Assume you use 4 liters per month or about 50 liters per year of ink, at a price difference of $300-350 per liter more for the Anajet you will save $1500-1800 per year in ink costs, more if you figure in the savings on pre-treatment as well.
Sorry for the bad math here - I missed a zero - should read $15,000-18,000 difference in ink costs per year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts