T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site has gotten so big, the search needs a search. I can't find a qualified answer to this question. HAS ANYONE GOTTEN AN EPSON 1400 COMPLETED AND USEABLE IN A DEPENDABLE WAY AS A DTG printer ? I have a perfectly good 1400 just running purge prints every three days to keep the heads clear. I have refilled the cartridges twice doing nothing but purge prints. It is a good printer and I bought it before the price dropped ($279.00) so I don't want to tear into it unless I know what I'm doing will work out. I plan to do the 1900 someday but would like to get some use from the one I have now.:D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm also building DTG from Epson 1390 ( 1400 with no cd tray) , from what I study, the printer are same with 1900 and 1100 , only have sheet mode.

I also have tested the printer using EKPrint for 1400, and it's running very good.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have one working? Is it reliable? Does it work with just the Epson driverws and no other spaecial software. Two reasons for wanting to use the 1400. I have it and don't use it but don't want to just trash it. It would make a good printer for white shirts only and that would save the expense of purchasing the rip for awhile as in I'm nearly broke and could use some income to build up the rest of the needed equipment and supplies to make one with the 1900 and the EK rip.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm building it right now using German13 (Jeff) tutorial for DIY DTG R1900 , but with sheet mode.

it will work with only epson driver if you use friction to move the platen and you need to find LC LM textile ink.

If you want to use Rip Software, I recommended EKPrint because you can build it using belt & pulley, and you need only CYMK textile ink.
Even you can put white ink in LC LM channel to print on black tshirt using EKPrint.

Do you have one working? Is it reliable? Does it work with just the Epson driverws and no other spaecial software. Two reasons for wanting to use the 1400. I have it and don't use it but don't want to just trash it. It would make a good printer for white shirts only and that would save the expense of purchasing the rip for awhile as in I'm nearly broke and could use some income to build up the rest of the needed equipment and supplies to make one with the 1900 and the EK rip.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I'm waiting for the 3rd version unless I can get someone with the 1400 already and willing to help with a lot of pictures in high resolution and maybe a measuring stick stuck in for dimensions (hint). I would rather do the 1900 but don't know what the near future will bring so right now, I am just running the purge print software and reading the forums the service manuals for both the 1400 and the 1900. Boy, do they give me headaches!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
This site has gotten so big, the search needs a search. I can't find a qualified answer to this question. HAS ANYONE GOTTEN AN EPSON 1400 COMPLETED AND USEABLE IN A DEPENDABLE WAY AS A DTG printer ? I have a perfectly good 1400 just running purge prints every three days to keep the heads clear. I have refilled the cartridges twice doing nothing but purge prints. It is a good printer and I bought it before the price dropped ($279.00) so I don't want to tear into it unless I know what I'm doing will work out. I plan to do the 1900 someday but would like to get some use from the one I have now.:D
This was in the 1100 thread... its a 1400, you can build the 1100-1400 the same way. there are many ways to make it happen but all are sheet mode... hope it helps..

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t100145-2.html#post795921

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
also something to consider is the epson r1400 is designed to use (Ink: 6-color Claria® Hi-Definition dye ink) I have printed to a white shirt using the stock ink early on when testing the 1100-1400.. the stock dye ink does not wash well between the dtg pigment ink and the stock ink there is no comparison..

so the question is will you be able to run pigment ink in this printer without issue? maybe you 1400 builders want to search around for someone who has ran the pigment inks for a long duration.. for example you may want to check the photo forums i have heard of them running pigment inks in the 1400 in these types of forums, it would at least give you some insight even though its not a dtg.. this is one of the reasons i bumped up to the 1900...

keep in mind the 1100 does run pigment ink standard... I would hate to see the printheads getting clogged on the 1400 due to the pigment ink its not designed for?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
another interesting factor about the 1400 is that it uses the same asf relay board that the 1900 does, but doesnt have roll mode!!

so heres another experiment you might consider, copy the data from the mother board of the 1900 and transfer it to the 1400 using the service utility program.. it would be interesting to see what it would do.. like would it be able to run in roll mode?:)

not sure its kinda a shot in the dark but it would be a very interesting concept if you could run the pigment ink and get roll mode out of it....

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes.I saw that. Why did it have the part where it just stopped? That is one of the reasons I added "reliable" to my question.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Back before the DIY DTG was getting much discussion, the people using 1400s were a lot of them switching over to pigment inks. There was/is a problem with the Claria dye inks not being color fast so most didn't use them but switched to pigment inks. These were all people that were using heat press transfers. I found that the claria dye was god when used with the JPSS transfer papers. Problems are the way people feel about an "INKJET TRANSFER" being used in a comercial setting and the added cost of the transfer papers.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Yes.I saw that. Why did it have the part where it just stopped? That is one of the reasons I added "reliable" to my question.
It will work as a dtg, theres no doubt.. it will run just like any 1100 build:) but the above factors have to be considered when converting to a dtg especially the pigment ink. will it accept it without issue?

gotta go shovel the drive BLIZZARD on the way here.. trying to keep the snow low:D just came from 67 degree weather on sat in memphis to this hell:mad:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
another interesting factor about the 1400 is that it uses the same asf relay board that the 1900 does, but doesnt have roll mode!!

so heres another experiment you might consider, copy the data from the mother board of the 1900 and transfer it to the 1400 using the service utility program.. it would be interesting to see what it would do.. like would it be able to run in roll mode?:)

not sure its kinda a shot in the dark but it would be a very interesting concept if you could run the pigment ink and get roll mode out of it....
I'm not sure exactly what your suggesting or how to do it. Are you talking about using the ASF from a 1900 or up-dating the existing firmware on the 1400 ASF or is there something I'm not grasping about the main board of these printers?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what your suggesting or how to do it. Are you talking about using the ASF from a 1900 or up-dating the existing firmware on the 1400 ASF or is there something I'm not grasping about the main board of these printers?:rolleyes:
just transfering the data "firmware" copy the 1900s firmware to the 1400.. to see what would happen.. i have no idea, but the asf relay board on the 1400 is the same as the 1900.. maybe it would work in manual roll:p

just an experiment..

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The adjustment program seems to be printer specific , or I missed something. Also, I couldn't find one for the 1900 . How would I go about doing this?

·
Registered
293 Posts
The adjustment program seems to be printer specific , or I missed something. Also, I couldn't find one for the 1900 . How would I go about doing this?
Hi, I think that you talking about this adjustment program - Adjustment Program Epson R1900 ;)
(The rapidshare link is broken, use the other link)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello everybody who still did not get a 1900 like me, here is my 1110 (DTGBr-1110) that is similar to 1100.
In this test print ([media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oOCMPnQTZ4[/media]) I'm using Corel Draw, but in my prints on shirts I use GIMP + Guterprint that allows me to increase the amount of ink in printing.
Since the first printing ink textile pigment I used without problem.
Who has this printer T1110 or 1100 and want turn it into DTG, do not be afraid to be happy.
Paul

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have used 1390 (1400 with no cd tray) with pigment ink for almost 2 year now with no clogging issue, so I think the printer are possible to use DTG with no problem at all.

so the question is will you be able to run pigment ink in this printer without issue? maybe you 1400 builders want to search around for someone who has ran the pigment inks for a long duration.. for example you may want to check the photo forums i have heard of them running pigment inks in the 1400 in these types of forums, it would at least give you some insight even though its not a dtg.. this is one of the reasons i bumped up to the 1900...

keep in mind the 1100 does run pigment ink standard... I would hate to see the printheads getting clogged on the 1400 due to the pigment ink its not designed for?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a problem with the ASF, printing paper fails me, if someone can send me a photo, as is the ASF cut or how I can do it, since I can not print, no where to put the PE sensor, so that I recognize the role.

thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts