T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
PSSSS....dont tell anyone, but its the same machine as the anajet. LOL
Melco is a pretty good company to deal with though.
Try searchin anajet, and youll get alot more hits.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PSSSS....dont tell anyone, but its the same machine as the anajet. LOL
Melco is a pretty good company to deal with though.
Try searchin anajet, and youll get alot more hits.
pssst -thanks for that bit of info (i didn't know that). Just out of curiousity and maybe you don't know are the Melco Jet more $$ or are the Anajets??

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
We have had our Malcojet for about 3 weeks now. Its a good machine but if You buy from Anajet you will get a lot better Tech Support. I was on hold with Melco for 35 min. before I got to talk to anyone, then they didn't know. The price is the same from Melco or Anajet. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have had our Malcojet for about 3 weeks now. Its a good machine but if You buy from Anajet you will get a lot better Tech Support. I was on hold with Melco for 35 min. before I got to talk to anyone, then they didn't know. The price is the same from Melco or Anajet. Just my opinion.
The reason I question about Melco is I have one of their embroidery machines and support is very good, good people to work with. Very minimal problems with machine or customer service.
Kimsie

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I know they are a good company, they just don't have the tech support for the Melcojet. We use to have there embroidery machines that's why we went with them. Just saying its to new to them. When we had a demo of the Anajet here in Dallas, the machine just stopped. The guy called Anajet tech support, got right thru and with the push of a few buttons was printing again. I Have tried to get help twice and both times had to wait a long time to even talk to someone. The people on this forum know more then Melco about this machine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I am in the process of buying a Anajet & i talked to a dealer in Miami, FL. If you buy a Anajet form them they come to your place & set it up for you & get you ready to print. Just thought i would pass that to you. If you need anymore info let me know I can get that for you also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ha! Didn't know that till just now. I'm a newbie to DTG's but when I saw the Anajet brand name, I did wonder if the machines were one and the same as I could not find Melcojet on the list. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's my 2 cents. I've had my MelcoJet for about a year and 1 in 20 shirts prints nicely. Not to say people are creating great prints with the machine but think of this:
Every DTG uses the same dupont ink, they have the same epson 1800/1900 head, print carriage, etc! What a scam building these 10K machines from a $200 printer and charging out the wazoo for the ink. As far as Melco's closed ink system - it's a bogus way of charging more for the same ink every bulk system uses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have a MelcoJet that works fine (not great - just fine) when printing something that doesn't require white. We've gotten probably only 6 garments that I would consider quality when printing on a dark garment that needs white. We had to send the machine in within 6 weeks of getting it because the white lines got clogged. Since we got it back they've made some changes which helped and we followed every little direction they gave us - tried to do everything right. Preparing the dark T shirts for printing is hit and miss - impossible to know if you have too much spray on them or too little. All the white lines in our machine are now clogged and not running at all. 3 of them were running when we put the cleaning fluid in and cleaned it up and now none of them will take ink. I can use the colors and print on light garments. So not worth the money - very, very disappointed. However, it might just be us but it really is too much money to try it and see if you can make it work. It is a very difficult machine to maintain, inks get old quickly and are very expensive. This is definitely the biggest dinosaur I've purchased for our business ever.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh wow!!! That's very disappointing to know and yes you are right printer companies get their money back from the cartridges. The reason why I am considering Melcojet is I'm in CO and their corporate headquarters in here. So I thought it would be easier if I encounter problems with the machine. Looks like though I'm not getting a good feedback about this machine at all. Will definitely be going down my list of DTG's. Thanks so much for the inputs posted here. It's definitely helping a lot of people make a decision which machine to go with. Keep it coming!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
We Bought our Malco Jet in August '08 and printed with it till July '09. Its been sitting with cleaning fluid in it and not used until two days ago. I just plugged in the old ink carts and it took about 30 min. to get it printing again. Had 50 Canvas tote bags that had some white in the design and all 50 came out good. Malco/Anajet seem to get a lot of bad raps but if you realize your smarter than the machine and follow the cleaning instructions there great. John

·
Registered
5 Posts
I do keep the "having a good attitude of machine maintenance" in the back of my mind. The comment that really stuck with me was that these people were not new in the garment printing industry and they had years of experience in the field yet they had a lot of issues with the machine and was just very disappointing to know that being a newbie. It definitely makes you take a second, third or even forth and fifth look at what exactly you're getting into. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I had about 13 years experience in the screen printing industry before trying out DTG with AnaJet. It's nothing like screenprinting, transfers, heatpress vinyl, etc. It is it's own style. In many ways it's much easier than setting up screens; in other ways it takes a bit more time. I am extremely happy with my AnaJet. I leave white ink in the lines until I feel like taking it out. I've only had my lines clog once or twice in the almost 2 years that I've been using AnaJet. The key is KNOWING the printer, how it works, how the ink flows from the carts all the way into the waste bottle. This "knowing" definitely requires training, and also may require many calls to tech support depending on your level of competency. For me, tech support has been top notch. However, I have learned a lot from these forums as well. 1) You need to keep your machine CLEAN. 2) You need humidity. 3) You need to print, print, print!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had my melco printer since October, and I have had nothing but problems with it. Trying to get Melcos help is also a nightmare, always on hold for at least 20 to 45 minutes. I have done all the cleaning that is reccommended and this machine still runs poorly. If anybody needs a new printer I have one cheap still under warrenty. Just very disappointed in melco and our salesmen. Very expensive machine to operate. Thats my 2cents worth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in total agreement with Brett. I posted because I didn't want anyone to spend this many thousands of dollars to have these lemons. Way overpriced and extremely expensive to run. I've never gotten a good quality black t shirt yet - the white system is horrible. We've done everything we've been told to do also and it amazes me how the white lines had ink in them, took the cleaning fluid just fine all the way through and when we re-inked them none would take the white. They are worthless at this point. I already had to send this machine in once at most of my expense but they said they wouldn't cover any part of it the next time because I wasn't "taking care of it properly" and that is absolutely false. There might be some good ones out there but I think I have a lemon and obviously, Brett might too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Vickie-

How long have you had your machine? They are always telling us to keep cleaning the print head, the clear strip etc. Thats all I ever do is clean this machine, it cant get any cleaner lol. I think Melco is so full of it I will never buy another thing from them and I will keep spreading the word about this printer being such a junk pile. Keep in touch

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have the Brother Printer, it seems to work fine most of the time, so far it's been human error when it messes up. At least most of the time. It does a beautiful job on dark colored shirts. Whites are harder to get the colors accurate for some reason. It really has had a learning curve to it. I thought it was going to be easy!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts