T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"newbe" just getting started and i have no pluming in my "shop" (2 car) so i was thinking of using a parts washer to clean my screens.has any 1 done this and did it work and what did u use in the parts washer? thanks ....:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it would work.might have to do somthing with the hose.change it to a sprayer or hook up a power washer,,i'm thinking of going with water base ink

·
Registered
275 Posts
Talk to your screen printing supplier. I did and they told me the metal in the parts washer will not play well with the cleaning solution. THey told me it would eliminate the cleaning properties of the cleaning solution used for screen printing. Here's a cheapo idea....do you live in an area with trash pickup and a large rolling trash can? You can use a large trash can and put enough water to cover the screens and then put regular bleach in it to clean the emulsion. Then it cleans most of the ink off too! Check online for the ratio of bleach to water... It does work. I did it until I purchased a pressure washer and cleaning solution.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use a 3 gallon parts washer with mineral spirits in it, but some of the other screen shops here use the parts washer with solvents you can call your solvent suppliers that supply the automotive shops and they can tell you which solvents to use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm looking into the water base ink line,so i have to see what is used for that kind of ink...:confused:

·
Registered
126 Posts
hey alot of locals use parts washers to clean ink out of screens we use rino chem inkdegrader works for us ...jeffie

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
"newbe" just getting started and i have no pluming in my "shop" (2 car) so i was thinking of using a parts washer to clean my screens.

has any 1 done this and did it work and what did u use in the parts washer? thanks ....

Yes.

Safety Kleen has worked with plastisol screen printers for more than 30 years, supplying re-usable solvent and most important, taking away the ink waste. No water means, very hard to develop or reclaim screens and wash your hands

Safety Kleen don't like to take away, 20 gallons of ink sludge and 5 gallons of solvent. The non-evaporating solvent that they can recycle, is their goal. The real benefit to screen printers is legal disposal.

http://www.safety-kleen.com/industry/Industrial/Pages/Printing.aspx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts