T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Todays work has mostly been a 7-colour simulated process monster for a friends band. the artwork was created by the awesome Gary Ronaldson of Bite Radius Designs. All the colour seperations I did myself. I will post both original art and the printed version. Hopefully I won't have to do anythin this complicated again for a while because my wrists bloody hurt after 30 of these....

Attachments

· Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK. Nice print!

You posted upclose pics before I had to ask. That's good. But you're just going to draw this out aren't you? You're holding back on the details because you want me to ask.

I'm not going to ask.

Nope.
Urrm.

Nope, you've lost me. :confused: Ask away!

· Registered
8,374 Posts
Good job. I'll ask. What mesh,LPI,angle and so on. Ink. I'm gonna ask how you did 7 color on a 4 station. I have seen this done but like to know what technique you used. Just in case I do more than a 6 color job

· Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahh I get you. Well it's a 55lpi halftone at 22.5 degrees through a 120t mesh. There's a few spot colour layers which I used a 43t mesh for (110 US). Inks were union maxopake.

As for the press, I built it myself. It uses linetable style pin registration so I can use as many colours as I have storage space for. Took a bit of organising with this many!

· Registered
8,374 Posts
I have been thinking of a registration system but the commercial system are expensive and I haven't had the time to make one. I have an idea for a adjustable unit for diffrent platens and screens took to machine shop and it was as much as a commercial unit for a few pieces on metal drilled. Any way nice job.

· Registered
3,633 Posts
Good job. I'll ask. What mesh,LPI,angle and so on. Ink. I'm gonna ask how you did 7 color on a 4 station. I have seen this done but like to know what technique you used. Just in case I do more than a 6 color job
4 stations, not heads.

And thanks for asking 'cause I wasn't going to :D

Edit: Ah, line table style. I should've read ahead.

· Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice prints.
How'd registration hold up on the press? Looks excellent from the pics.

Does the designer work for Metalocalypse? :) (looks similar--I love their art)
Holds up pretty much perfectly. The beauty of this setup is I pre-register the films on the press (by stacking them with tape tabs attached) before exposing the screens so once they're developed I can take the screens straight to print with little or no adjustment.

No but it's a style that's fair common I guess. :p this is his Facebook page: Bite Radius Designs | Facebook

· Registered
177 Posts
And to make life even more interesting, this print is going on about 5 different shirt colours. Including white, grey, black, brown, red and light blue. Yay! this better bring me some business....
Very nice work Phil. Color seps too. You are heading into the true screen printing craftsman zone.:)

You may very well pick up some additional work when word gets around that you can sep and print higher end things like that.

· Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very nice work Phil. Color seps too. You are heading into the true screen printing craftsman zone.:)

You may very well pick up some additional work when word gets around that you can sep and print higher end things like that.
Haha I live in hope. :D Most bands tend to have heart failure when you quote a multi-colour job at them. Even a simple one.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.