T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been told by a couple of people that our site isn't easy to get around, but from our stand point, we don't believe that it is hard at all to navigate. I would like to know if I can get some honest feedback on the whole site in general... :rolleyes:

www.tightnecktees.com

thanks in advance........

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey ira,
i think your site is fairly easy to navigate, it has a clear navigation menu at the top of the page, it could be a bit more prominent and you could perhaps have all your products listed in the one section. The only other thing i would suggest is maybe having some products, like the ones on special more prominent on the home page...i wouldnt have noticed it as a hard to navigate site if i wasnt looking for it. Although i do think there are some ways you could improve it.

All the best :)
Andrew

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Yeah, I think your top nav bar gets lost on the home page. It took me a few minutes to realize it was there. You may want to consider moving it below the header.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Agree with all of the above. I don't see why you have two product pages on your navigation bar either. The focal point of your website was the center....my eyes automatically were drawn to that point....since your navigation text is so light.

Also, what is the "News Items" all about? It says Hot news when I click on it....but there is no news, and leaves the feel of an "about" page or "press release" page instead. If it is a news section you are after, I would put it on your main index page, or next to the home page link instead. Proper flow of websites is very important. If you fail to emphasize your navigation bar and aren't clear with the text in it, then it will just confuse your buyers.

I'm also on an i.e. 5 machine right now, and notice that yoru navigation bar doesnt match the index page. When I am on your index page and click on a link....your navigation bar gets a line break...splitting your bar into 2 lines vs one.

Heres another piece of advice....Although you arent exactly asking for it, I figure I might as well throw it out there. Watch your tenses in your text, you use "we" and "they" referring to "Tight Neck Tees". You should stick to one or the other when referring to yourself (i.e. your company info page vs your "news item" page).

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Ira, are the Blanks available in Canada ? ...or near Toronto.

::: nice site, i would put the index page site links somewhere in the center area of the screen.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
You are also using the PayPal shopping cart, which can be very hard to navigate for some customers since it opens the shopping cart in a new popup window.

You may want to look into getting a regular shopping cart that will make your whole shopping process easier to handle for both you and your customers.

Check out www.cubecart.com for a great free shopping cart.

As it is now, your homepage is sort of hard to navigate since the top navigation is very hard to see. You need to use that cool tightnecktees logo on your about page on the homepage and every page of your site.

It looks like your site comes from a template, but the template wasn't customized much to fit your site needs. If you are doing it yourself, I might suggest finding a different template, or outsourcing the design layout of your site.

Your site should have your cool logo on all the pages, a clear navigation with super quick access to your products from every page of your site.

Your homepage is the hardest to navigate because ALL the content in the "readable" main area of the page ISN'T clickable. That makes it seem like you aren't open for business yet.

I've been shopping online for 10 years, and I still had problems trying to click the various areas of your homepage:

-t-shirt picture

-the "TIGHT NECK TEES" text that is underlined
(which is supposed to signify a link in standard web design practice)

-the SPECIAL of the month graphic

All feel like they should be clickable to lead you into the store more, but for a newer online shopper, it would just frustrate them.

I really think it would be worth it to you to get a more professional site up that matches your company's professionalism. It doesn't have to be "super flashy" (it's better if it's not), but by:

- moving the products to the main page and making them clickable
- restyling the navigation menu to make it easier to read and navigate
- adding a shopping cart like cubecart to standardize the shopping process
- getting rid of the flashy/animated welcome and special graphic
- changing the header to be smaller and include your tightnecktees logo
(the urban city scene isn't necessary, and I think the space could be used for better purposes like your specials, maybe your contact information, etc)

Your t-shirts look pretty darn cool though and I LOVE the logo on the Company Info page!

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
Ira said:
We have been told by a couple of people that our site isn't easy to get around, but from our stand point, we don't believe that it is hard at all to navigate. I would like to know if I can get some honest feedback on the whole site in general... :rolleyes:

www.tightnecktees.com

thanks in advance........
Yep, The nav bar is confusing because the arrows don't have a link and the focus is the center of the page which has no links. You could get rid of the nav bar and make each item in the center a link and accomplish the results you want. As an example, you have a 'special' animated graphic but it doesn't link anywhere. This was the first thing I saw and I tried to click on it and nothing.

The product pages were easy to navigate.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Ira said:
I would like to know if I can get some honest feedback on the whole site in general... :rolleyes:
1. I agree with the others, you really need to find a way to move the "tightnecktees" banner ABOVE your navigation bar, and it should be on every page, not just the Home page.

2. Get rid of the "Welcome" and "Special" animated buttons. If you really need a button for those, find one that isn't animated.

3. When someone bookmarks your page in their browser, the name is just going to show up as "Home". You should make sure the name of your company shows up in the title bar, so people can remember what it is when they see it later.

4. It would be great if you could make a page for each product with a bigger photo. The photos you have are not large enough to really see the detail (quality) of the t-shirts.

Don't get too discouraged if it isn't perfect right away - you are on the right track. :)

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
3. When someone bookmarks your page in their browser, the name is just going to show up as "Home". You should make sure the name of your company shows up in the title bar, so people can remember what it is when they see it later.
Great point (and one I can't believe I missed)!

Not only for bookmarking purposes, but for search engine purposes, the TITLE of your page is one of the most important elements of your website.

Your TITLE tag should be short, distinct and descriptive of what you are selling (or what that page contains).

So I would change it from: HOME to

Tight Neck Urban Blank T-Shirts Wholesale at tightnecktees.com

I also agree that you should have a separate product page for each product that gives a closer photo of each garment.

Since the customer can't "see" or "touch" your product to know the quality, they need to be given every chance to experience the quality through your website offerings (product description text, technical specifics, several product photos and closeups, etc).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts