T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I have a 6 color Harco Manual Printing press and I have run into a problem. My Press only has one "arm" (the part of the press that is attached to the shirt platen). I am using a 18"x18" platen because I am doing large prints. However, I want to print women's sizes too, and the smallest size shirt that fits on my platen is a Mens Medium. I have a smaller board and considered switching back and forth between the two. However I am worried about stripping the wood in my boards if i do this too often. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could switch between the two boards quickly without damaging the wood?
OR does anyone know where I can buy another arm for my press? It is pretty old and There is no serial number on it and no model number either.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
859 Posts
go to a hardware store for what i think are called tee-nuts, they are threaded and have little spikes that will hold in the wood. then find bolts that fit those to bolt it together.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hey everyone, My Press only has one "arm"

you can also call graphic parts international and spend an arm and a leg for just an arm:D. j/k i agree make one yourself, alot cheaper

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just got a harco press. does anyone know where to get extra stations? mine only has 2. but it looks like i can add 2 more
im actually asking the exact same thing as you. The problem is not the platen, but the fact that i only have one station.

·
Registered
389 Posts
They sell extra sets of the side rails. I don't know if the current ones fit the really old models.

I just got a Pony Express Printer, with two stations, but it is upgradable to 4. I'm guessing.

Those tee-nuts may be your best bet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I baught a used Harco 6/6 press and the alignment is off on every single station. Doe anyone know how i can remedy my problem have an order to get out and not sure how to solve this problem? Called Browns and all they want to so is sell me things. Tried to get a manual and just that alone is $30 and it is a download (found that to be ridiculous) I understand all hte registration things and how to set screen, but i cannot even get to that point with the whole machine being out of alignment. Found a great article given to me by another member here, but it is for another machine and doesn't wuite work for mine. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
im doing the same as your with a 4/6 color, BROWN is no help with the old press, i offered to pay the guy while in town at the trade show..... still no help

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hoping Simone in this forum can help. Brown was only concerned about selling me new equipment. I won't buy anything from a company with poor customer service. Buying.g all new shocks for it but getting them from our RV dealer. Please. Let me know if u make any progress and u will do the same. I will put a link on gets in a bit that I was given maybe it will help u maybe it won't :)

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using T-Shirt Forums

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a harco 4/4. I bought it used from a local company and aligned it from what was a disaster. It's tedious and takes time but it has to be done.

I started with one screen head and lowered it so it was level in everyway, then matched the platen to it. I then leveled across platen to platen and made each one level. Then dropped the screen heads and leveled them. The pain is getting each screen head to be level on all plattens and vise versa.

Like I said, tedious.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts