T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forum, How good are the newer Happy Embroidery Machines? Based on my research, which is very limited Happy is ranked 3rd or 4th among the commercial machines. But i'm hearing conflicting things about their durability and quality. Are there any current or previous Happy owners that can shed any light on this conversation, Good or Bad. I am still considering them along side Barudan and Tajima. I know everyone says that Barudan and Tajima are neck and neck for the #1 spot, I just want to make sure i give all the other major players a fair look before i decide on which machine to lease!

Thanks

· Registered
644 Posts
I posted on the other post, but doubtfully they're close to 3rd. SWF or Melco has that spot locked up. In fact, I would say they're pretty close to 6th or 7th if that. That's not saying they're bad, but don't believe all a sales person tells you. In fact, they're so popular that I have no idea if they're any good or not. Bet you can't find a whole bunch of people who can.

· Registered
605 Posts
Bought my Happy HCA-1201 in '99, still going strong.
Hav had no major mechanical issues.
Gets serviced regularly and it is built like a tank.

Multi-heads for most brands are all pretty good.

Some of the new compacts are not as well constructed, but that is the same for most brands.

· Registered
307 Posts
I have an HCD 1501 for 2 years and had zero problems, sometimes I run it 16 hrs a day and it just keeps humming along. The Voyager is not a true commercial machine more like a home machine on steroids.. but still better than the Brother PR600 in my opinion.
Also in my opinion Happy is at the top with Tajima & Buradan I have done enough research that there is no question in my mind about that.

· Registered
6 Posts
I don't know where drdoct got his knowledge, but ask any 3rd party tech and they will tell you Happy or Barudan
are #1 or #2 interchangable.( years ago when Happy was all steel, they were the best made)
Newer Tajimas is a close 3rd. SWF and Melco don't compare.
I am talking about quality and stitching, not sales volume.
I am also talking about commercial, the HCS is in a different category.

· Registered
644 Posts
My rank was market sales based. I assume when someone is saying something is 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc... they mean market share unless specified. I realize there are people here who have them, but not a whole lot. That's all I was trying to say. Of course I don't have the numbers but just looking at the number of people who have posted in Happy's defense (4), it's pretty obvious they don't have a huge share of the market.

Again, as I stated before, I don't know how they are mechanically. As Josh said, you probably should talk to a hand full of independent mechanics in the area since if you buy one you'll need someone to work on it eventually not matter how great they are.

· Registered
10 Posts
Mechanically they are pretty tough and easy to work on. Even the smaller Voyager machine is pretty durable. I've personally seen a few old Voyagers - that look like they've been used a lot - still working hard, putting out great looking stitching. The bigger ones like Smalzstein said are even tougher. (I've helped a few Happy machine owners over the years and have been impressed with how solid the machines seem to be overall.)

· Registered
1 Posts
Great machine but unfortunately if buying in the uk MIDWEST the sole agent are next to useless. Dont return Calls, Dont provide all the bits to go with the machine and make promises they dont keep. Will be v surprised if they dont file for insolvency soon and start trading under another variant name shortly.

· Registered
474 Posts
We have had 4 2 with our previous partner and the two more since we moved on our own. I have used the bauradens and at first I thought the bauadens sucked. On stitch quality user friendly. The happy is user friendly and the bauraden just was not maintained properly. Our two happys that we have run 16 hour days 5 - 6 days a week. Hard great machjnes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
307 Posts
Maybe you should get out more and meet more Happy owners, you'll find out that's not the case.

Reactions: hulrek

· Registered
1,448 Posts
We have tajimas. One of our customers we screen print for has Happy.
Some new, some older. Seems like whenever I am over there she has some issue or other. We do not with our tajimas.

Just my observation. But they are way cheaper, so many love them. Many never owned ant thing to compare.

· Registered
284 Posts
We have tajimas. One of our customers we screen print for has Happy.
Some new, some older. Seems like whenever I am over there she has some issue or other. We do not with our tajimas.

Just my observation. But they are way cheaper, so many love them. Many never owned ant thing to compare.
A Happy is not that much cheaper then a Tajima. They are pretty much the same on price point. Happy may be $1000 to $2000 dollars cheaper on a multi head. Happy just doesn't go past a compact on their single heads. Tajima has the Neo to match Happy but Tajima also has a bigger TEMX table top machine. The biggest difference is Happy is a Made in Japan machine with Japanese parts and a Tajima is Japanese parts but the machine is assembled in China.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.