T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a couple t-shirts to see what I'm going to keep on-hand for online orders.

I ordered Anvil #980 & Hanes #4980. They both fit & feel really good. The Hanes t-shirt is a tad bit softer & the sleeves are a little shorter. My opinion overall is that the Hanes #4980 is better. I do like them both though.

I also ordered Hanes #SL04 for the ladies. I didn't try this one on, but it looks & feels very nice. I'd compare it to American Apparel.

I should have switched to ring-spun sooner :)

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I agree. I have had samples of a lot of different brands, and I'm really a fan of the Hanes Beefy-T.
I don't think the Hanes 4980 is the Beefy Tee. The Beefy Tee is 5180. I think 4980 might be Hanes "lighter weight" ringspun cotton t-shirt.

I should have switched to ring-spun sooner
There's definitely a difference with non ringspun cotton tees that's worth the extra cost in my opinion

·
Registered
414 Posts
I used to be a fan of hanes but since i foundd the the jerzees 18z and delta (quail hollow) 69000 I dont use the hanes ring spun anymore.
Im wearing a AAA sample right as a tester to see if i want to bring in some of these too. not too bad so far.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I used to be a fan of hanes but since i foundd the the jerzees 18z and delta (quail hollow) 69000 I dont use the hanes ring spun anymore.
Im wearing a AAA sample right as a tester to see if i want to bring in some of these too. not too bad so far.
The Jerzees 18z is another one of my favorite tees. A bit more expensive than others, but a very nice ringspun, heavyweight tee.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The Jerzees 18z is another one of my favorite tees. A bit more expensive than others, but a very nice ringspun, heavyweight tee.
It was the length and feel that got my attention...

The hanes are shorter length in top to bottom and sleeves.
And the multi sizing within the same size was killing me. An xl navy was shorter than the xl black and the black was shorter than the whites

The three shirts below are XL but look how they are different sizes when you match then up.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know this is a late reply to this message, but I am new to the forum. I've used both Hanes and Anvil fashon-fit ringspuns and find the Anvil of better quality. After a few washings the Hanes fabric piled. However, since my market mostly consists of middle-aged men, I find the sleeves on both too short for the non-buff fellow.

Just recieved samples of the ring-spun Quail Hollow and am impressed but I haven't washed them yet. How would you compare this shirt to the jerzees 18z that you like? I've not seen this shirt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How do these hold up with shrinkage and fading? I'm looking for a high quality ringspun 100% cotton tee because I love the feel of them but I also want a durable tee that will maintain quality after regular washing and drying (that also maintains the screen prints well). I'm tempted to start looking at 50/50 cotton-poly blends but I don't want to sacrifice comfort and print quality too much. Anyone know the happy medium that I'm searching for?

·
Registered
23 Posts
How do these hold up with shrinkage and fading? I'm looking for a high quality ringspun 100% cotton tee because I love the feel of them but I also want a durable tee that will maintain quality after regular washing and drying (that also maintains the screen prints well). I'm tempted to start looking at 50/50 cotton-poly blends but I don't want to sacrifice comfort and print quality too much. Anyone know the happy medium that I'm searching for?
Wash cold (darks with darks, lights with lights), tumble dry low. The quality of the screenprint is the screenprinter, not the t-shirt. I would only sacrifice 100% cotton if I was buying heather colors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts