T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im very new to makin tshirts. I downloaded inkscape but have no clue how to use. All I will be doing is sports, and buisness shirts with there own logos. Do you think this software will work for me? Any help and info will really hep!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH

Danny

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I will be honest this is a very basic program that truly would not benefit someone want to do shirts as a proffessional. .... JB

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just have a hobby lite press bought just to make shirts for local softball league. Not looking for a lot buisness....... yet:rolleyes:
I just need clip art what do you think?

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I think you would be better off just getting clipart and still not using that software it is very basic. ... JB

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I installed inkscape the other day because someone asked about it here... it's pretty cool...
I think picking up PShop Illustrator or Corel is the way to go eventually though...

Gimp is free also...

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Hi im very new to makin tshirts. I downloaded inkscape but have no clue how to use. All I will be doing is sports, and buisness shirts with there own logos. Do you think this software will work for me? Any help and info will really hep!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH

Danny

I don't know about that one but T-shirt Factory Deluxe was what i started with, gave me an idea of how i was going to pursue this t-shirt industy and had designs already there were you just add text, print them out and press them.

They also had a couple of buisness and sport logos that you can just add text as well. The only thing that i didn't like is that they looked to cartoonish... But it was good to start off.

I now use AI and Photoshop for all my work very awesome software i love Adobe.

Goodluck.:D

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I downloaded a free copy of Hanes t-shirt maker light. Mainly because it had the word free on there.

As a piece of design software it is very limited, but it does give you the opportunity to see what your designs look like on bags and other items. Did I mention that it was also free?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I downloaded a free copy of Hanes t-shirt maker light. Mainly because it had the word free on there.

As a piece of design software it is very limited, but it does give you the opportunity to see what your designs look like on bags and other items. Did I mention that it was also free?

Did you say FREE! Where?

I love free stuff.:D

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
My wife loves free stuff. One time I cleaned up after her dog and put it in a gift bag and handed it to her. I said it was a FREE gift. I still can't get her to realize that just because something is free doesn't mean you should get it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My wife loves free stuff. One time I cleaned up after her dog and put it in a gift bag and handed it to her. I said it was a FREE gift. I still can't get her to realize that just because something is free doesn't mean you should get it.

:DI Love that quote. Thats how I feel about Inkscape I dont have a clue how to use it!!!!
Is there a clip art package where they dont look like cartoons??:confused:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. Corel Draw has a clip art making facility (of sorts). I create my own clip art from photos with a photoshop plugin.

Hey Terry, you still got any more of that free stuff left....LOL

·
Registered
214 Posts
I will be honest this is a very basic program that truly would not benefit someone want to do shirts as a proffessional. .... JB

Have you ever used inkscape?

Alright, let me ask you this:
Name ONE thing you can't do in inkscape that you can do in corel/illustrator. Well, aside from pantone colors.

Inkscape is a professional design software, and most professionals use it for design work, then just plug it into corel or illustrator for the file formats. Inkscape may be a little horsey to work in at first, But it's tracing capabitlities, among other things are superior to adobe/corel.

There's some fantastic tutorials on youtube, as well as on the inkscape site. It's easy when you know how.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I own Corel Suite X3, Corel Painter, Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator CS2, which I use everyday on a professional level. With the exception of Photoshop, I think they are all over rated for what they actually do. I have found the lower cost programs from Serif are much quicker for doing many tasks, so I tend to use those a lot too.

Inkscape I have used in the past on a Linux platform, but it left a lot to be desired then. The modern variant I've just checked out after reading this thread seems a very capable product. There is no 'must have' software to create tee shirt designs. The designs come from the users side of the mouse.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, Anything is easy if you know how!! What I need drawings for softball things cause I cant draw and inkscape doent have clip-art. Im asking what is the best sofeware for clip-art???

Thank You,

Danny

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi Danny. Basically any program that can cut, paste and resize images will do the job. Any programs you currently have on your computer will do the trick. Even Microsoft word at a pinch.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts