T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I thought I'd share this for people who use Hanes products to print their own garments -- Hanes has a great site that offers marketing materials, color charts, up-to-date catalogs, images, posters, build-your-own sell sheets, etc all gratis. You can check it out at
http://hanesprintables.com/

I received a catalog, color chart (as we know, online isn't always accurate) and CD with pretty much the same marketing materials (I think-- haven't checked it all out yet.) Definitely worth a look. I especially like the idea of having individualized sell sheets with price quotes that I can leave with a client.

My 3 cents for today :)

jean

·
Registered
43 Posts
BTW - neat resource! :-D

I haven't registered with the site yet, but I have a question... are sell sheets price quotes for wholesaling? Or can they be for either retail or wholesale, but are basically a table with numbers of units and prices, etc., and do they involve photos of the products? Obviously, I'm quite the newbie at some of this marketing type vocab - heh.

Thanks,
:)
Kristen

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what's so cool -- you can create custom sell sheets with the items and prices you are proposing to your customer. Or you can use Hanes' ready-made ones with their own models.

On the custom ones you can choose to include (or not) your prices, item ID #'s and several other bits of info. I can't say I've used one yet, though! But still, after creating a whole table from scratch the last time, this might be a good alternative, or if not sufficient, a nice prfessional-looking add-on visual, since I don't want to leave my catalog with the customer.

There's an online build-your-own version you can try but it didn't really work for me all the time -- I think the CD will work better.

And as i said, the color charts, catalogs, etc., are all helpful. For those with brick and mortar shops, free posters are a nice bonus too.

As on the CafePress site, even if you use the ready-made images alongside your own product images, it gives a sell sheet or brochure a nice look.

BTW, re sell sheets, these are new to me too, but I have been asked for them when I approached retails shops. I haven't gotten so far as to create my own from scratch for other (non-Hanes) products. But the Hanes is a start.

*whew* I sure can talk a lot about something I know so little about!

jean

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to add that the market for the Hanesprintables site (as opposed to Hanes giant wholesale garment site) is for vendors who PRINT and focus on the marketing of the products they make that can be used for that (as opposed to their regular ready-for-retail stuff.)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DMonkey said:
Thanks for the info Jean! :) I'm new to this too, but am very interested in learning to print my own designs, is the Hanesprintable site where I should go for this?
Well, not printing per se. If you are interested in presses and the like, I am sure someone else here can steer you in the right direction. (Maybe a new thread for that?) This Hanes site is really more about marketing tools for printers and us middle-people.

For ex, if I do non-CafePress shirts, I use a silkscreener (like Rodney) and the problem of shirt supply and printing is his. But these Hanes tools are things that allow me to go to *my* customer with info about the shirts and my prices, etc. It's also a way for me to get an up-to-date hard-copy catalog and color chart to show the customer (last almost-customer was very picky about *burnt* orange and needed to see colors that were not on a web display.) Take a look there and see -- you don't have to sign up to look around.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thankyou for your reply JRotem, being new I'm looking at everything to see how it all fits together and I know marketing tools is a large part of that. I've just started recently with cafepress material but not sure how I want to expand my business although ideally I would like to be using additional services, such as Rodney has to offer as well as doing some of my own transfer printing. Yes, I need to look through more of the forums for the processes and that. The Hanes site is very nice, I did have a look around and will hold onto that for future referance, thanks again for your help. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts